Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Updated Jan 2, 2018

2.8

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

This might be the worst interview of my career, I was invited to a job fair by one of the recruiters and it appeared it invited all of the DFW area. We waited for 3 hours to be interviewed with not as much as a water fountain in site. Once I was interviewed it lasted maybe 5 minutes with the recruiter telling me I was over qualified for the positions and she would call me the next day. She did call me the next day to tell me I would never get a job there unless i met all of the primary and secondary qualifications and she did this very rudely saying she would not waste her time on someone that did not meet every last qualification that was listed even the ones that were listed as nice to have.

Senior Business Analyst - IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

Have seen this same job posted over and over which was somewhat suspicious. I did interview for the role but never heard back from HR. I know my skill sets were top caliber and have 15 years of experience in numerous IT technologies. Now that i have seen the outsourcing news i believe these jobs were intentionally 'unfilled' so HSCS could claim it could not find qualified employees while importing their H1B visas.

Interview Questions

• If they are importing H1Bs to do the work what is the point of even going through the questions. Their so called IT related computer test was the most difficult and antiquated Cobol related exam that again looks to have been designed that way from the go. The math and verbal portion was equally as hard and i am positive there is no H1B alive that could pass this test.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was downtown! They were highly unorganized. I was taken up and down elevators, they trouble locating interviewers, hence unprepared. First interviewer was late, manager from another team, She yelled at me from the start to intimidate me. She gave me the stare down twice from the start. I did not get any questions for a while! She was a heavy smoker and smelled foul. I then asked her if she could introduce herself and tell me how my role would be. She then began but became mad quickly and said 'Do you know why we are here?' I was then finally given some questions about myself. Time was up giving me no chance to ask them questions. About 8 more interviews later and being shifted around the building. I was grilled by everyone as if you were not human. They beraded and insulted you throughout the interview. It took all day and went way past time. I had almost missed the train back to the suburbs. Cab driver had to floor his car. Day from hell!

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Marion, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied according to the instructions on Indeed.com.

A couple of days later I got an email asking me to take a skills test. The first was customer service. I passed all 4 scenarios. The second was information processing speed. It was about 45 minutes total.

About 3 days after that I had a call from the local office asking for an on the spot phone interview. I didn't have my resume and the woman asked questions in great detail on each job. She also wanted to know who I knew that worked at our local office. At that time she told me they would be doing interviews all the next week. I set mine for Monday at 9.

There were 6 of us at a time and it was all very formal. We were led into a room of computers and given a scenario and told to figure out how to respond to that customer based on the company policies we were given. Supposedly no right or wrong answers.

After that we we were led into a holding room and taken one by one into a room with an angry customer on the phone that we had to figure out how to handle. A few of the girls were crying because they weren't expecting it but obviously we were supposed to do the same thing we did on the skills test. Keep them from hanging up angry.

Finally we were taken for a lengthy interrogation (not even an exaggeration) about our previous jobs, scenarios, "tell me about a time's". One lady interrogated while another one typed.

Then we were led out. The end.

I wasn't chosen and while I don't understand why, I was told by two of the interviewers that I was a great fit, I'm more upset about not being contacted and told that. I gave at least 7 hours to this process, they could've at least shown some appreciation and sent an email. I really really think a lot less of them and wouldn't apply again.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I was invited to multiple interviews. The process was sloppy and disorganized. There is absolutely no feedback. After investing time and effort in the interviewing process no one got back to me with a response. I followed up with an email and a phone call and still did not receive any response. Very unprofessional.

Assistant Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC.

Interview

I applied through my university and got an interview after two weeks. There were a few math and behavioral questions. The managers were friendly throughout the whole process and provided helpful tips about their careers as well as promotion opportunities. They were interested in how you would behave during certain situations including solving conflicts or working under a time constraint.

Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online, few hours later I got an email to answer some questions to confirm somethings that I put on the application, got a call 3 days later to set up a phone interview with the supervisor of the department I'd be working with. They asked me very very generic interview type questions and asked about my experience with excel. And with access. Also about my past work experience. 2 days later I got a call for an in person interview. The in person interview was downtown Chicago, I interview with 2 people, 1 was on video call. The had a long list of generic questions that they asked, some which were repeated from the phone interview. After the in person interview a week later I got an email that they went another direction.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself
      What do you do in your spare time
      Experience with Excel, Access
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      What would you do if a team member was not pulling their weight
      How did you get into accounting
      Characteristics of yourself that will benefit you in this position
      What would you do if your supervisor asked you to do something you thought was wrong?   Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC in January 2012.

Interview

Shortly after applying I received a request for answers to pre-screening questions. About a month after submitting these questions I was asked in for an interview. The interview consisted of 3 one on on interviews. They said I would hear about the job about 2 weeks after the interview. Over a month later I heard back that I did not get the job.

Anlalytics and Reporting Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process was nice and informal. It was dialogue between myself and hiring mangers. It included technical and behavior questions. The group looked at my resume and reviewed my skills and we discussed my skillset. Unfortunately I did not get the job due to not having enough experience in population health. However, the hiring manager was great at providing feedback and assisting me in my goals to move to a position in population health.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC in October 2017.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone interview and then they brought me in for a half day in person interview. I had 5 half hour long interviews. I talked to VPs and Analysts.

Interview Questions

• What are three thing you would like your manager to know about you?   Answer Question
    • I have a deck of 52 cards. I take one and throw it away. I pull the next one. What is the probability it is a king?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your exam experiences.   Answer Question