Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.8

72 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Interview

I applied for their summer internship when I was a freshman at college through the school career website and was selected for campus interview. A bit surprised when the interviewer started off giving me a pretty long description of what their internship program would be like. Then she asked me some general questions, like "Why healthcare", "Why Blue Cross Blue Shield", and she asked me many detailed questions regarding an externship I did.

Interview Questions

• At your externship were you able to add your own idea to your host's project?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Interview

Phone screen through a preferred vendor.

Interview Questions

• What data would you present to a Program Manager to indicate what activities were on the critical path of your project.   1 Answer

IT Audit/Risk Interview

Interview

Spoke with hiring manager directly for a first cut, got to second round of phone interviews before they politely declined. Nothing stood out in terms of the questions they asked, though I did get quizzed on how I make decisions, etc. - nothing out of the ordinary. This was an audit position, so obviously they asked about audit experience and qualifications, etc.

Interview Questions

• Nothing stood out in terms of the questions they asked, though I did get quizzed on how I make decisions, etc. - nothing out of the ordinary. This was an audit position, so obviously they asked about audit experience and qualifications, etc.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Applied online and received e-mail from recruiter with questions to answer. Met with recruiter during job fair and she said an interview within several weeks. 7 months later and no interview. Recruiter won't even reply to my e-mails.

HCSC is a really unprofessional firm. Their people are disorganized and make empty promises to you. Terrible attitude, terrible company.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I came across this company in career fair at school. I got the phone call from the recruiter after sending the resume and then scheduled a phone interview with their project manager. The manager was really nice and there were some behavior questions and some questions about conflict between groups and how to schedule and deal with it.

Interview Questions

• questions about conflict between groups and how to schedule and deal with it   Answer Question

Senior QA Specialist Interview

Interview

Strategic Planning, Performance Driven, Effective Speaking, Writing, Listening, Responding, and Questioning. Analytical and Organized.
    Designing and Executing Test Cases/Scripts (Manual and Automaton), Regression and End-to-End
    Reporting/Tracking Defects
    Linking Requirements and Defects to Test Cases for traceability
    Utilizing HP Quality Center tool for Requirements, Testing and, defects
    SDM process

Interview Questions

• 1. The BA Role: Has it really changed in the last 15 years and how?
      2. Does a Business Analyst have a role to play in innovation?   1 Answer

Network Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC.

Interview

they called me for an interview on Tuesday and i asked them to reschedule it on Friday as i had an exam.I prepare for the interview day in and day out ,wait for the call on Friday but no one called.I tried to call the hr ,she did not pick up too. After i called her repeatedly she called me to say the position has been filed.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Preliminary phone interview - I don't know the outcome yet. She said they already had people in the interview process, not sure why she was collecting my salary information then.

Interview Questions

• What is your current salary   1 Answer
    • How much did you make in bonuses   1 Answer

Process Excellence Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I was approached by an internal recruiter from the company on LinkedIn asking if I would be interested in this position. I was then forwarded to another recruiter who interviewed me that same day and sent me information on their compensation package. The next day I was invited to interview with the hiring manager the next week. The meeting was set up for me to go downtown Chicago. The day before the meeting, the time was changed and the night before the meeting (after 6PM) it was changed to a phone interview because the hiring manager was "traveling" (come to find out he was in their Naperville office that day - which is actually closer to me than downtown Chicago).

The interview was horrible. I was asked a few questions to gauge what I knew about Lean Six Sigma and then the conversation was abruptly ended before I was able to ask questions about this position. I was again contacted but the recruiter approximately three days later asking me to interview with another manager within the organization. It was another phone interview - and again was asked the same questions as before and when I tried to ask questions I was told that he didn't know a lot of the specifics about the job and that the hiring manager should have answered that for me.

This all happened at the end of February. In April I reached out to the recruiter as I had not heard anything in a month. She said that the recruiting for that position had been taken over by someone else and she would forward my email. It is now May. This is a six figure role that they sought me out for.....and this is how they handled it. Clearly, I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• What are the most common six sigma tools you've used to analyze data?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC in April 2009.

Interview

No technical questions are asked. For example, they didn't ask me any questions about SAS or SQL. The interview began at 4pm on a weekday. So it only lasted for 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience of large data sets?   1 Answer