Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 9, 2017

2.7

Unit Manager User Experience Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

First step was with hiring manager phone screen. Then in person interview with hiring manager and several of team members. Hiring manager is a doctor and not UX/creative. It took 4 hours at their Chicago location. I didn't hear back at all for 3 weeks after on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Did you know there's another role that's open that may be a better fit? (from jr designer - Pretty inappropriate and irrelevant question)   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with unrealistic timelines and requests?   1 Answer
    • Team structure and org.   1 Answer

Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed in a room with two managers. They asked the common questions in an interview. The managers were friendly and appear to be receptive to answering my questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I did a phone interview which lasted 15 minutes with the recruiter, then did a phone interview which lasted one hour with the hiring manager. Subsequently did a face to face interview with the hiring manager and two colleagues. The second interview lasted for one hour and it entailed questions about experience and scenario based questions.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were expected. there were no difficult questions   Answer Question

BA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Took 2 weeks to get an in person interview after 2 prior phone interviews. Met with 2 groups; first with 2 BA employees, then the hiring managers; took approximately 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Many questions regarding past experiences and how it would relate to the open position. Asked about specific experiences that I had in different situations "tell me about a time when you did not get along with a team member......"   Answer Question

Multimedia Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I had a total of 4 interviews. 1 to HR, another phone interview with several people from different states, an interview with the hiring manager, another with the department VP.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I thought I would be a good fit.   1 Answer

Cistomer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Danville, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

several supervisors would ask a series of customer related questions; how would i handle the different scenarios. giving examples of how to handle difficult customers. We had to roll play those difficult customer in front of management, they would judge my verbage and fa cial expressions

Interview Questions

• How would you hanlde a disagreement among co-workers that was not work related   1 Answer

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

On-site interview with Manager and a team member. Went through resume. Spoke about responsibilities in last project. Spoke about team environment, project timeline. Spoke about feasibility of certain requirements. They made me feel comfortable and interview was more of discussion than technical questions.

Interview Questions

• DBMS & .Net basics, situation questions, showed screenshots of error and asked me to identify what the error is about   1 Answer

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Marion, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied according to the instructions on Indeed.com.

A couple of days later I got an email asking me to take a skills test. The first was customer service. I passed all 4 scenarios. The second was information processing speed. It was about 45 minutes total.

About 3 days after that I had a call from the local office asking for an on the spot phone interview. I didn't have my resume and the woman asked questions in great detail on each job. She also wanted to know who I knew that worked at our local office. At that time she told me they would be doing interviews all the next week. I set mine for Monday at 9.

There were 6 of us at a time and it was all very formal. We were led into a room of computers and given a scenario and told to figure out how to respond to that customer based on the company policies we were given. Supposedly no right or wrong answers.

After that we we were led into a holding room and taken one by one into a room with an angry customer on the phone that we had to figure out how to handle. A few of the girls were crying because they weren't expecting it but obviously we were supposed to do the same thing we did on the skills test. Keep them from hanging up angry.

Finally we were taken for a lengthy interrogation (not even an exaggeration) about our previous jobs, scenarios, "tell me about a time's". One lady interrogated while another one typed.

Then we were led out. The end.

I wasn't chosen and while I don't understand why, I was told by two of the interviewers that I was a great fit, I'm more upset about not being contacted and told that. I gave at least 7 hours to this process, they could've at least shown some appreciation and sent an email. I really really think a lot less of them and wouldn't apply again.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Didn't get to actually interview with manager, mostly was a check the box interview process. It overall was very simple in nature. They surely did not feel the need to dig vey deep. Was not impressed with thier vetting process.

Interview Questions

• About my executive search background and what kind of relatable skills I would bring to HCSC.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa Park, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Iowa Park, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was set-up for Mon @1PM they then stated that I needed to take some tests. I have been in this industry since I was 14 yrs. old so I thought okay I have worked here before it cannot have changed much. I was wrong and found out through email that I had not passed the test and so there would not be an interview. I found this out 30 minutes AFTER 1PM.

Interview Questions

• What were my reasons for leaving last job.   1 Answer