Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC Interview Questions in Richardson, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.7

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

This might be the worst interview of my career, I was invited to a job fair by one of the recruiters and it appeared it invited all of the DFW area. We waited for 3 hours to be interviewed with not as much as a water fountain in site. Once I was interviewed it lasted maybe 5 minutes with the recruiter telling me I was over qualified for the positions and she would call me the next day. She did call me the next day to tell me I would never get a job there unless i met all of the primary and secondary qualifications and she did this very rudely saying she would not waste her time on someone that did not meet every last qualification that was listed even the ones that were listed as nice to have.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

After submitting an application for the position, a recruiter contacted me very quickly. However, the entire phone screen only lasted 15 minutes and, other than verifying some experiences on my resume, she only asked me one question. I got the feeling that they were just using me to "validate" internal candidates they had already picked. After that, I never heard from them again - not even a form letter to let me know I was no longer being considered. It's been nearly two months since that call.

Interview Questions

• Exactly one question: What is your leadership style?   1 Answer

Supervisor Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX).

Interview

General conversation with HR recruiter, followed by interview with Manager and other team members for more detailed experience and skills assessment, then the final follow-up with HR to complete the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked both technical detailed questions related to their posted role and responsibilities and the asked behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I was invited to multiple interviews. The process was sloppy and disorganized. There is absolutely no feedback. After investing time and effort in the interviewing process no one got back to me with a response. I followed up with an email and a phone call and still did not receive any response. Very unprofessional.

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I Submitted my Resume and was called for an interview the next day. Interviewed with a panel of managers in the dept. It was a very laid back meeting. I was given a tour of the department and met some of my coworkers. Hired within an hour. Everyone was straight to the point.

Interview Questions

• They asked lots of questions related to work experience   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. In addition to the typical questions you would expect from any interview, a written test is given. The test focuses on spelling, grammar and basic marketing skills. The interview process begins with a phone interview and follows up with two face-to-face interviews at the Blue Cross and Blue Shield headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in the health insurance industry before?   Answer Question

Business Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone screen by recruiter, then phone interview with manager and final in-person panel interview. The panel interview was the most important part of the process because I was competing against an internal candidate. Secondly the background check is very, very thorough so disclose before the company finds out.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize numerous projects with a limited capacity?   Answer Question

Senior Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Reached out by a recruiter. Had a phone interview and was asked to do a face to face interview. Had an interview with 6 people followed by lunch. In my interviews, I got a very bad atmosphere of their morale. People I talked to hated their job. One even went as far as to tell me, "get out even before you join, I am trying to." Their client analytics team is short staffed and everyone looks like they are pulling off their hair.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

On-site interview with Manager and a team member. Went through resume. Spoke about responsibilities in last project. Spoke about team environment, project timeline. Spoke about feasibility of certain requirements. They made me feel comfortable and interview was more of discussion than technical questions.

Interview Questions

• DBMS & .Net basics, situation questions, showed screenshots of error and asked me to identify what the error is about   1 Answer

Assistant Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois, Montana, New Mexico, Oklahoma & Texas | HCSC (Richardson, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied in early March. They got back to me within a week and set up a face to face interview on their campus in Richardson.It was an interview with two senior underwriters. The questions were mostly behavioral except for 1 computational question which was performing a calculation without a pen and paper.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be and underwriter?
      What 3 qualities would you say are the most important for being an underwriter?   Answer Question