Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts

2.8

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Quincy, MA) in April 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very efficient. We completed it in 3 hours across 2 different sessions/days. During this lockdown we had to use skype and teleconference everyone in but did not experience any issues. Because of these trying times, there's been a delay in getting back to me with an offer but I'm told one is forthcoming.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous experience in the healthcare industry. How I have gone about handling and transferring sensitive data within the public cloud were also some topics we covered.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in December 2019.

Interview

Interview with Director and Sr. Solutions Architect.
    Duration - 1hr.
    location : 101 Huntington Ave, Boston

the interviewers were delayed by an hour. So the recruiter gave me a grand tour of their office, innovations lab, cafeteria. I even got to meet and have a quick chat with the CIO and few others while walking around.

Coming back to the interview. Not much of technical questions. mostly behavioral questions.
    They check how do you approach a problem. some questions about previous experience. some questions about what problems you have faced while working in a team.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to develop a software. how would you do it? walk me through the process step by step   1 Answer
    • Describe your experience working with teams. what issues have you faced?   1 Answer
    • General discussions about my previous experience. Since I had some experience with IT operations and now I am applying for a developer role. How can I help them better? basically they expected me to have a basic idea of devOps. they dint expect me to know exactly how to do stuff in devOps. but they expected me to have a shallow idea of both development and operations domains   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied online and did a phone screen with a recruiter about a week later. Next was a phone interview with a senior manager on the team, and then a half day in-person interview.

The phone interview included a short case, and the in-person interview included cases with a technical component.

It was a smooth process with great communication along the way.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with SQL, SAS, and/or Python?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience with data visualization, especially Tableau?   Answer Question

Health Informatics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in November 2019.

Interview

1) Interviewed 4 senior staffs - manager, supervisor levels
    2) then 2 analyst
    2) Given a SAS test
    3) Interviewed with manager

One of the analyst was ok in interviewing( I was able to understand what questions), the other did not even bother and did not even gave me an answer to my questions. That staff English was not good at all. I had hard time understanding. I was so curious how the department hired that candidate??? Even, had hard time understanding manager's English. I have asked several times to repeat the interview questions.

I would say SAS exam was hard. 1 question was ok but asked most advanced queries. Asking manager level experience questions not acceptable.

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

Interview

Questionnaire, then after that, you get invited to a group interview. You network at first with a bunch of managers, and then they have you sit with 2 managers and some other candidates at a table. They show you a presentation, go over the companies values and all that. Then they have you go back to networking and they call people one by one to see if you have any other questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations? How do you choose your priorities? What is an example of a time you went above and beyond for a patient/ customer?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Franklin, MA) in May 2019.

Interview

I had an outreach by the recruiter first and a brief conversation about the role, company and benefits. After that a phone interview was arranged with the hiring manager for a 30 minute call. A few days later, I was asked to come in for a face to face which was arranged by the department admin. I met with 3 people for 30 minutes each where they interviewed me separately back to back. I reached back out to the recruiter for feedback about a week later and he informed me that they were pursuing other candidates. I did ask for any feedback on why I was not selected as I believe I was a strong candidate for the role but never received any. I was hoping it may help me with future interviews to understand why I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if you are managing a project and you are just about to go into testing or deployment and your customer tells you that they need something that is critical and they can’t go live without it?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts?   Answer Question
    • Have you managed budgets before - how much and over what length of time and how many people were on the team?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what your process/steps are for a project - how do you go about getting it started?   Answer Question
    • What do you do if the customer doesn’t know what they want?   Answer Question
    • How do you manage changes on your project?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • What tools did you use for managing your projects?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about some of the projects you managed?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts in February 2019.

Interview

After completing the online assessment (This being an online survey that has you answer many questions that would determine your personality/work ethic & then test of skills) I was invited to a "GROUP INTERVIEW EVENT"
    What that means:
    (( Event was roughly 2.5hrs ))
    Event begins by "Networking" with fellow candidates and supervisors/managers from applied department while waiting to be seated at your assigned table. Your table consists of about 4-5 other candidates and 1-2 supervisors. You will watch a presentation about the company's values, the benefits the company offers and many details about the position and department. Very informative.
     During the group interview, supervisors asked the typical interviews questions while not going in order around the table. This gave more of a discussion vibe rather than a traditional back and forth. After the questions were completed (About 2 per candidate) you went back to the snack area (Did I mention there was an array of coffee, teas, soda and snacks?!) to network while waiting to be called individually to your table for your one on one with the same supervisors. At this point the event is over and you are good to go!

Interview Questions

• "Name a time or event that took place where you went above and beyond for a customer, and what was the reaction of that customer."   Answer Question

Financial Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

Interview

I had a phone interview in February and then another phone interview with the hiring manager a few weeks later. It was mostly questions about my resume and past experience with a few behavioral questions.

IT Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

Interview

I applied to BCBS MA through agency. The next step was phone screen with hiring manager which last about 30 minutes. Next step was in person interview to meet the team, hiring manager, etc.

Decision which is made very fast

Interview Questions

• General questions related to the job description   1 Answer

Investment Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts in December 2018.

Interview

I applied this job from Glassdoor. I received a phone call for an interview. They asked me basic questions about my resume. It wasn't that bad until they asked me about my career goal. I told them that I'm planning to become a CPA and they immediately rejected me saying that this role might not fit for me. It was understandable but personally it brought down my experience on this interview.