Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Interview Questions

Updated Sep 27, 2017

2.7

Interview

worked with HR, met only with my boss and coworkers in person; not too much but actually very insightful in terms of what the group is like. I think it was a good prep for what it's like to work with the group. Hiring process can take a while, which isn't too much of a problem but could be for others trying to plan.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

Interview

Hiring agency pitched my credentials. They asked for an interview with me and a few other candidates. The in person interview was on site. Met with Director, Manager and senior team members for 3 hours. Following an extensive background check, start was within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with department   1 Answer

Marketing Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

Stages: phone interview with HR, phone interview with Hiring Manager, in-person interviews with the Hiring Manager and the rest of the team. It was a fantastic experience. The people I met with were approachable and made me feel very comfortable during our conversations. I felt valued during the whole process. No traditional questions or structured interviews. I really appreciate the fact that they were very interested in learning about me and how we could work together to accomplish the company's goal.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

What a joke. The recruiter I dealt with was a complete flake. It would take her days to respond to an email even though I would respond within minutes of receiving hers. She blew me off twice when she had scheduled times and never once apologized. Today, she was only 20 minutes late calling for the screener. She obviously did not understand the role and did not thoroughly review my resume beforehand. The kicker? The comp plan is about 20% below market rates. What a joke.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about your role at your current employer.   Answer Question

Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

- Two rounds of casual chats first with the Strategy Manager
    - and Second with directors
    - In neither round did they delve deeply into my resume/past experiences
    - The recruitment panel focused very much on innovation, curiosity, and creativity qualities in the candidate
    - Best tactic is to show your interest and eagerness to learn

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

Standard interview. One interview with the hiring manager and director of the department. It was less formal because the company had an established relationship with my school and I was interviewing for a co-op position

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR. I was interested in the job so we set up a screening call within a few days. He didn't know much about the job but was very friendly and enthusiastic about the organization. About a month later I interviewed with the hiring manager and two other people. People were friendly. Mix of skill-based and situational questions. Seems like a very risk-averse organization where things move slowly, which surprised me because they portray themselves as innovative. The hiring manager told me I'd hear back in a week or two. I sent a personalized thank you note to each person I met with. They completely dropped the ball and forgot to call me back! Eventually I figured they selected another candidate but I was disappointed they didn't bother to close the loop after several hours of meetings. I finally contacted the HR person; he was very apologetic that they forgot to follow up because they have so much going on! Obviously their process needs improvement.

Interview Questions

• What metrics would you suggest to improve delivery time on our projects?   Answer Question
    • What do you think will be the biggest challenge with this role?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen and then there was an interview process that happened over skype (for me at least) if you moved on. This day had 6 different interviews at 30 minutes each

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

Behavioral based questions. There are questions about technical skills, communication ability and leadership experience. Often focus on actuarial projects, exam progress and personality. The on site interview started at around 9 and last for the whole day. The building is located in the heart of Boston. There's a casual lunch interview with the actuarial buddy. I enjoyed the interview a lot.

Claims Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Hingham, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions, questions about Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel. A few questions regarding fitting into BCBS culture. Interviewer was very friendly and engaging in the interview. Overall great experience.