Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2017

2.7

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

Interview

Hiring agency pitched my credentials. They asked for an interview with me and a few other candidates. The in person interview was on site. Met with Director, Manager and senior team members for 3 hours. Following an extensive background check, start was within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Familiarity with department   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

What a joke. The recruiter I dealt with was a complete flake. It would take her days to respond to an email even though I would respond within minutes of receiving hers. She blew me off twice when she had scheduled times and never once apologized. Today, she was only 20 minutes late calling for the screener. She obviously did not understand the role and did not thoroughly review my resume beforehand. The kicker? The comp plan is about 20% below market rates. What a joke.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about your role at your current employer.   Answer Question

Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

- Two rounds of casual chats first with the Strategy Manager
    - and Second with directors
    - In neither round did they delve deeply into my resume/past experiences
    - The recruitment panel focused very much on innovation, curiosity, and creativity qualities in the candidate
    - Best tactic is to show your interest and eagerness to learn

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by HR. I was interested in the job so we set up a screening call within a few days. He didn't know much about the job but was very friendly and enthusiastic about the organization. About a month later I interviewed with the hiring manager and two other people. People were friendly. Mix of skill-based and situational questions. Seems like a very risk-averse organization where things move slowly, which surprised me because they portray themselves as innovative. The hiring manager told me I'd hear back in a week or two. I sent a personalized thank you note to each person I met with. They completely dropped the ball and forgot to call me back! Eventually I figured they selected another candidate but I was disappointed they didn't bother to close the loop after several hours of meetings. I finally contacted the HR person; he was very apologetic that they forgot to follow up because they have so much going on! Obviously their process needs improvement.

Interview Questions

• What metrics would you suggest to improve delivery time on our projects?   Answer Question
    • What do you think will be the biggest challenge with this role?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

Behavioral based questions. There are questions about technical skills, communication ability and leadership experience. Often focus on actuarial projects, exam progress and personality. The on site interview started at around 9 and last for the whole day. The building is located in the heart of Boston. There's a casual lunch interview with the actuarial buddy. I enjoyed the interview a lot.

Claims Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Hingham, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

Basic behavioral questions, questions about Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel. A few questions regarding fitting into BCBS culture. Interviewer was very friendly and engaging in the interview. Overall great experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

Interview

Had to do a HireVue video interview first then was called in to interview with 2 managers. I was asked a series of at least 15 questions. Mostly personality based questions and how to deal with conflict and stress.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress?
      Name one innovative thing you have done.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They tell you this upfront.

UR Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Quincy, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at Quincy office. I waited in lobby and was met by 1 manager about 5 minutes past interview time. Interview took place in boardroom. I was told I'd meet with 5 managers, but only met with 2. They reviewed my resume, asked questions about my current position and my skills. Three weeks later I received a decline letter stating they were entertaining other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this position? What do you know about Blue Cross? Why do you want to work for Blue Cross.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

One phone interview, one in person interview. Posting was for a full-time, permanent job. After in person interview found out it was a temp job. Worked temp, they filled position in-house. Good office to work in, poor treatment by original recruiter.

Nurse Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.

Interview

It was tough. Be prepared for difficult and challenging questions that make you analyze your experiences in new ways. You will interview with at least 2 groups on day 1.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses and how have you tried to overcome this weakness? Have you been successful?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was tough. They have a number and they don't like to sway far from that number.