Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.5

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I was interviewed for a contract position through a recruiter. I had two phone interviews which were short albeit pleasant and focused mainly on behavioral assessment. It took a couple of weeks to get an in person interview which was scheduled on site with two managers. It quickly became apparent to me that they had already decided whether to extend an offer before I arrived which was disappointing to say the least. The questions were largely pedantic and bordered on offensive at times. At one point I was asked how and why one of my contracts had ended at a well known software company that I worked for 4+ years ago. They seemed less concerned with my skills and more concerned with finding reasons to dismiss them - the PM seemed to constantly be asserting that my technical background wouldn't serve me in a role that prepped and formed technical projects. The other manager explained that "we just tell a story and let the engineers figure it out". While I have no problem with this method, I didn't understand the theater since I assumed they wouldn't waste their time with me had they read my resume before they scheduled the interview. My questions were met with similar disinterest as they buzzed through a description of the role and instead launched into questioning me on the definition of agile software development directly contradicting what they had said about technicality requirements of the role. When I asked what type of person would thrive in this role (I was very curious at this point), they simply said someone who likes to work a lot. I'm summarizing but that was the gist. I'm not sure if non-contract interviews go like this or if there was bad blood with my recruiters, but I definitely expected more professionalism from one of the larger companies in Detroit.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone, 2 in-person 1-on-1, 1 team / panel interviews; very professional, well-managed and positive interview and follow-up process and overall experience; everyone involved in the process was helpful, insightful, transparent, and honest.

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Grand Rapids, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was short and sweet. I had a phone interview and spoke with a pannel of about 3 people. I used a dial in number. Many questions were asked and I was lucky enough to answer the questions with full accuracy! It landed me a job at BCBS. Each interviewee took their own set of questions and asked slowly. When I asked to repeat the question, they did. When I asked to elaborate on the question, they did. Then I was told that I should hear something back within days and fortunately I did! This process did not take long at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in May 2012.

Interview

I had the opportunity to interview with BCBS. Was a little surprised that they didn't request a phone interview first. Upon arrival, I checked in at the desk and was given a badge. The interviewer came out to greet me. Although there wasn't a conference room available, we pulled up a few chairs near a window and got started. I actually enjoyed this better than a conference room, it felt more comfortable. The interviewer was the manager as well and very personable. Pretty much all of the questions were about past experience (specifically of JAD sessions, BRD and Use Cases). She said the skill she was looking for the most was the ability to work with others so expect a lot of questions in that regard. She spent a lot of time explaining hierarchy and the work environment. Typical "corporate like" structure. Too bad I didn't get the job, she seems like an awesome manager to work for. It was a great interview experience as well. Also, they got back to me within a few days to confirm I didn't get the job so I wasn't left hanging.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you facilitated JAD sessions at your past job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

3 Managers interviewed me for about 45 minutes
    I was provided through S3 who they are in bed with so I assume the interview was just a formality and general agreement between managers. Long as you are dressed well, have a little intelligence, and can speak to match previous experience with job description you should be fine.

If you apply direct or through another vendor the interview may be more extensive - usually 1st interview meeting with 2 department functional managers and 2nd interview with Director or Manager 2/3. This interview process will require extensive preparation.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience
      Study general behavioral questions
      What makes you a good fit and why should we hire you (please be prepared to answer this question)
      Hint: it isn't just because you are Awesome.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in May 2009.

Interview

Basic questions: strenghts/weaknesses, something about your self, what will you bring to the company...