Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Intern Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Very straightforward process. Applied online and ended up having telephone interviews for two different positions. Each screening interview went over my background (including asking very specific questions related to my resume), goals, and fit for the current role. No behavioral interview questions were asked. A lot of emphasis was placed on how I fit the role at hand and how I could use my past education/work experiences in the current role. I really felt like BCBSM was trying to make sure they were finding a really good fit for the position. They also put a lot of emphasis on making sure they had projects that related to my interests. Once they decide to hire you the process moves along very quickly-there will be a lot of pressure to give them an answer quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to extend the amount of time that they gave me to respond on my offer. I would recommend calling the HR contact you have to do this, because they seemed to be a lot more responsive to the fact that I was navigating interviews for multiple positions.

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan in April 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position and was scheduled for a skype interview shortly after that. The interview was easy enough and mostly had general questions about my college experience, goals for my career, and what I expected out of the internship. They then told me the responsibilities I would have and asked how I would be suited for those tasks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

Average interview process. I believe Blue Cross is more concerned about saving money than giving perspective employees a chance at a career. Hires 200 + interns just for the summer.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview to see where you'd like to be placed, then group Skype interview with higher ups and hiring manger. Nothing too intense, but moves pretty fast if they want you. This might be bad for those wanting a more drawn out process to decide on other offers.

Interview Questions

• What's a challenge you facing in life and how will that work in regards to your work process and how you interact with others?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Southfield, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

I knew the director from working at BCBSM last summer. It was very straightforward, a lot of fit questions and a good amount of situational questions. Very straightforward.