Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Interview Questions

2.8

Health Care Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from HR thereafter. Within a week, I spoke with a biostatistician manager on the phone. I was invited a week later for an in-person interview with the team. Questions related mostly to my past work, including my role in those projects. I was also asked a few hypothetical questions. They were definitely looking for detailed answers.

Interview Questions

• What was your role in such and such a project, start to finish?   Answer Question

Nurse Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

It was my first interview in many years and I was nervous going in, but both RN's who interviewed me put me at ease. They took turns asking me a question and kept it moving quickly. Both were very friendly and I was shown around the department and where parking was. I felt good about the interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your relevant experience.
      What is your greatest strength/weakness.
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond.
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

HR Recruiter called and did an informal over the phone interview set up in person interview after I passed the first phase. Scheduled me for Monday afternoon. I arrived early after not getting a confirmation email as promised. Discovered she had not even put me on the schedule . So 2 unaware very nice and professional supervisors interviewed me. I never heard anything back to this day. Left message with HR rep no response .. INSANITY

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?
      Name a time you went above and beyond your duties to help a customer?
      Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

Gotten to the face-to-face interview when it sounded promising that I would be offered the position. Ended up not getting the job but the feedback was helpful enough to try again down the road.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any issues with driving to downtown Detroit?   Answer Question

Instructional Design Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

The team leader knew me from other workgroups and projects, which helped secure an interview for the position. Getting an interview inside a department you don't work for is extremely difficult even with sterling credentials. Follow up through emails to have success. I was familiar with the position but job postings list far more tasks and duties than you might expect. Interviewers narrow the focus quite a bit. It's best to ask early on what the expected tasks for the first 90 days are.

The interview was held with two leads, and took about an hour. They stated upfront 6 candidates were under consideration. Questions followed a round-robin format, and the leads took turns asking about job history, familiarity with processes and technology, and getting deeper into behavioral questions. Behavioral and situational questions took about a half hour. I felt comfortable with their style and they were warm, personable, and friendly.

About a week later, I found out another applicant in the department already doing a similar job was offered the job. They were very impressed by my interview skills and promised to keep my resume under consideration for any other openings. I'm not surprised. Systems knowledge and seniority win out at BCBSM. I'm disappointed but it's good experience.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you think the most important qualities of a team are?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I was interviewed for a contract position through a recruiter. I had two phone interviews which were short albeit pleasant and focused mainly on behavioral assessment. It took a couple of weeks to get an in person interview which was scheduled on site with two managers. It quickly became apparent to me that they had already decided whether to extend an offer before I arrived which was disappointing to say the least. The questions were largely pedantic and bordered on offensive at times. At one point I was asked how and why one of my contracts had ended at a well known software company that I worked for 4+ years ago. They seemed less concerned with my skills and more concerned with finding reasons to dismiss them - the PM seemed to constantly be asserting that my technical background wouldn't serve me in a role that prepped and formed technical projects. The other manager explained that "we just tell a story and let the engineers figure it out". While I have no problem with this method, I didn't understand the theater since I assumed they wouldn't waste their time with me had they read my resume before they scheduled the interview. My questions were met with similar disinterest as they buzzed through a description of the role and instead launched into questioning me on the definition of agile software development directly contradicting what they had said about technicality requirements of the role. When I asked what type of person would thrive in this role (I was very curious at this point), they simply said someone who likes to work a lot. I'm summarizing but that was the gist. I'm not sure if non-contract interviews go like this or if there was bad blood with my recruiters, but I definitely expected more professionalism from one of the larger companies in Detroit.

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and the interviewers provided a comfortable environment; it was very easy to be relaxed throughout the process. The majority of the interview was behaviorally focused. Also, the interviewers did a good job in explaining what the position entailed. They were interested in my quantitative background and my comfort level in working with data analysis.

Interview Questions

• Would you choose to assemble a grill using instructions or buy one that is already assembled?   Answer Question

Analyst/Writer Interview

Application

Interview

After being laid off we were given the opportunity to search for another job with Blue Cross through the company's online job bank. I applied and was called in for an interview within a month. I was not offered the job and later found out that it was given to someone who had not been laid off but wanted to change departments.

Interview Questions

• The one questions that stood out was: "Describe how you would eat a Reese Peanut Butter Cup."   Answer Question

Strategy Performance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a brief conversation with HR, and then they scheduled a facetime interview for me with two managers who were hiring in the organization. After these interviews, I was brought into the office to meet the team, and the hiring managers boss, and peers. I liked the 360 degree approach about having the peers and management have a voice in the decision. There were 2 case discussions, one in the skype interview and one in the in person interview, but both were very informal discussions. The only part that I was dissapointed on was not being notified sooner as to whether I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• If another insurance company were trying to compete with us, and lowered their price how would you recommend we approach this situation?   1 Answer

Underwriting Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

I talked to a senior underwriter at a campus recruiting event and then was invited to interview at HQ in Detroit. Mostly behavioral questions to see how you think and reason through a problem.

Interview Questions

• If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go?   Answer Question