Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

2.8

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Continuous Improvement Interview

Interview

The interview consisted of mostly straightforward and expected questions about my resume or myself. They went through your resume thoroughly and picked out things that they liked on there.

Team Leader II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Pontiac, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Three interviews, first with the Manger, then Director, and finally other Team Leads within the department. The question were your typical leadership questions, how do you resolve problems implement change and how do you deal with employees not meeting the goals .

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Southfield, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, was sent a email of a montage interview where you answer questions online. Received a email stating I would have an interview at the Southfield location and bring a few copies of my current resume. When I arrived there was about 7 other candidates we say for about 5-10 minutes and they said they were ready for us. We were escorted to a back room where they told us we would be given a writing sample. The sample was to respond to a e mail that stated the person wanted to change their pcp but was unable to do so she needed someone close to get residence she was getting error messages and wanted to know why. I assumed a writing sample was to test how we utilize grammar and punctuation (which by the way I'm not using correctly lol) anyway they gave us 15 minutes.

After the 15 minutes were up they called me and a gentleman up told us to follow them too talent acquisition which was the people in entry and they told us to have a great day. Lol it was very confusing and embarrassing. I'm thinking they wanted to give us an assessment and not a writing sample which is two different things. They don't allow you to go through the entire interview process or set the expectations correctly of the process and what it Intel's. Sad part is I have over five years of claim adjudication skills in a medical/dental setting. I've promulgated benefits with superb soft skills to members and providers yet they didn't even allow you to speak to a person.

. Mind you this interview was on a Saturday, in which I had to find a sitter, print out resumes that were never reviewed, and all because they couldn't differentiate between a writing sample and a assessment. When I inquired was it a bad thing that we were being excluded instead of her saying you didn't pass she hesitated to express how no we just need time to get assessments together.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

It was good interview they said they will let me know soon but it's been a week haven't heard back from them. But I am waiting at least they should give us some feedback

Senior Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

I received a call from HR and spoke for 15 minutes to over the position and how my experience fit. At the end of the conversation, I was offered to schedule an interview with the Manager of the department and the Director of the area. They had busy schedules so it wasn't for another 2 weeks before they could set up the second phone interview.

The interview lasted about 45 minutes and I was happy with how I conveyed my points. Unfortunately, I was called 2 weeks later to be told they hired internally. Even though I did not obtain the position, I have to say during the whole process, their HR department was really excellent by coordinating and communicating all the necessary information. They did offer me another interview for a position that became available, so their HR does keep your resume under consideration if you meet the requirements.

Interview Questions

• They had pretty standard questions, like "Why are you looking at BxBS?" "What type of experience do you have which sets you apart from others?" "Why should we hire you for this position?"   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

I applied online on the BCBS website. I was called by HR a few days later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview asked mostly technical questions. After that, I was scheduled for 2 hour on-site interview. This was conducted by a team. I was asked about my resume, previous experience, and why I applied to the job. Pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Tell us more about your role in X project on your resume.   Answer Question

Health Care Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from HR thereafter. Within a week, I spoke with a biostatistician manager on the phone. I was invited a week later for an in-person interview with the team. Questions related mostly to my past work, including my role in those projects. I was also asked a few hypothetical questions. They were definitely looking for detailed answers.

Interview Questions

• What was your role in such and such a project, start to finish?   Answer Question

Nurse Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

It was my first interview in many years and I was nervous going in, but both RN's who interviewed me put me at ease. They took turns asking me a question and kept it moving quickly. Both were very friendly and I was shown around the department and where parking was. I felt good about the interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your relevant experience.
      What is your greatest strength/weakness.
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

HR Recruiter called and did an informal over the phone interview set up in person interview after I passed the first phase. Scheduled me for Monday afternoon. I arrived early after not getting a confirmation email as promised. Discovered she had not even put me on the schedule . So 2 unaware very nice and professional supervisors interviewed me. I never heard anything back to this day. Left message with HR rep no response .. INSANITY

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?
      Name a time you went above and beyond your duties to help a customer?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

Gotten to the face-to-face interview when it sounded promising that I would be offered the position. Ended up not getting the job but the feedback was helpful enough to try again down the road.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any issues with driving to downtown Detroit?   Answer Question