Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.7

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

Asked what my background was, what knowledge I had in claims processing, etc. They also asked about my experience and whether I had background in computer science. They asked also about my data analytics skills.

Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (New York, NY).

Interview

Met recruiting team at on-campus job fair; discussed internship opportunities. Received brief phone call from recruiter the following week, where a group panel, Skype interview was set-up with my manager and project members.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Process took one week and got called to set up a personal interview with the hiring manager. Interview was about your resume and how you fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience make you a great fit for this position?   Answer Question

Team Lead I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

Initial phone interview was very pleasant and organic. Second interview was in person with two individuals, both Team Lead II positions. Very little interaction. Asked formulaic and typical questions and wrote my answers. No feedback or discussion of my responses. Felt very one sided and a bit humiliating.

Interview Questions

A better position was offered around the same period.

Health Care Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from HR thereafter. Within a week, I spoke with a biostatistician manager on the phone. I was invited a week later for an in-person interview with the team. Questions related mostly to my past work, including my role in those projects. I was also asked a few hypothetical questions. They were definitely looking for detailed answers.

Interview Questions

• What was your role in such and such a project, start to finish?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a school career Fair keep in touch finally she found the perfect position I interviewed , I heard back about a week later and got the job the interview was pretty easy but I was also prepared.

Interview Questions

Interview

2 people; one was the manager and the other did the job (the manager was not experienced in the role - had been recently placed as manager after the team leader quit)

Interview Questions

• Basic questions; if you know the role, you will be fine. At the time, they were not as behavioral as current interviews. Hint. If they are asking a lot of behavioral questions, they're telling you about their current issues and wonder how you would handle them.   Answer Question

Nurse Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

It was my first interview in many years and I was nervous going in, but both RN's who interviewed me put me at ease. They took turns asking me a question and kept it moving quickly. Both were very friendly and I was shown around the department and where parking was. I felt good about the interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your relevant experience.
      What is your greatest strength/weakness.
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond.
      Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

HR Recruiter called and did an informal over the phone interview set up in person interview after I passed the first phase. Scheduled me for Monday afternoon. I arrived early after not getting a confirmation email as promised. Discovered she had not even put me on the schedule . So 2 unaware very nice and professional supervisors interviewed me. I never heard anything back to this day. Left message with HR rep no response .. INSANITY

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?
      Name a time you went above and beyond your duties to help a customer?
      Answer Question

Case Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Went through a recruiter who forwards resumes to a manager who will recruit for his/her team. Then they will conduct panel-style interview w at least two interviewers asking questions. Standard interview questions with focus on related clinical experience and skills. Explanation of job role and duties, training; ask questions regarding their expectations and goals in return; they like that a lot!

Interview Questions

• name one stressful situation describe how you handled it   1 Answer