Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.7

Communications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was great and full of thought provoking questions to help me in my career. I felt the Director gave lots of attention to detail since my interview lasted over 2 hours. I was prepared for the diverse questions to indicate if I was a good fit for the team.

Interview Questions

• What did I want to be doing in 5 years.   1 Answer

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Mumbai (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

Good practical sales as well as skilled related interview process.

Interview Questions

• Regarding positive and negative aspects.   1 Answer

Corporate Strategy Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

Case based, I wasn't prepared for it and subsequently performed poorly. Interviewer was lackadaisical, I knew he wasn't going to select me for the position anyway. He came off as somewhat rude and abrasive. It's partly my fault for not finding out earlier that it was to be a case interview.

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

It was nice, learn so much about the company during the interview. They did a great job with letting me know about my expectations and what they required of me if I was to get hired

Senior Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

I received a call from HR and spoke for 15 minutes to over the position and how my experience fit. At the end of the conversation, I was offered to schedule an interview with the Manager of the department and the Director of the area. They had busy schedules so it wasn't for another 2 weeks before they could set up the second phone interview.

The interview lasted about 45 minutes and I was happy with how I conveyed my points. Unfortunately, I was called 2 weeks later to be told they hired internally. Even though I did not obtain the position, I have to say during the whole process, their HR department was really excellent by coordinating and communicating all the necessary information. They did offer me another interview for a position that became available, so their HR does keep your resume under consideration if you meet the requirements.

Interview Questions

• They had pretty standard questions, like "Why are you looking at BxBS?" "What type of experience do you have which sets you apart from others?" "Why should we hire you for this position?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Lansing, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

On 10/9, I applied online. Very straightforward compared to the last time I applied around July/August.
    On 10/11, I received an email inviting me to an online interview. I had until the following Monday to complete.
    On 10/14, I completed the online interview. I highly recommend using a computer with a webcam and dressing as you would for an in-person interview rather than recording on your phone. You do not get to talk to a live person during this part but you have plenty of chances to re-record yourself for some of these questions. Other questions however, you only have 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to give an answer. Some of those questions, you are not given a chance to re-record if you mess up so make sure you have your resume handy and some quick notes about your work experience just in case. At the end, you are given a chance to review your answers that you can re-record before you hit submit. Some of the questions, you're asked to give personal work experiences. Other questions are a little more personality based.
    On 10/16, I was invited to an in-person interview with parking instructions to the building.
    On 10/18, I sat with two nice interviewers who asked me purely situational questions. I recommend giving plenty of specific examples from your work experience, even if it's not 100% relevant to the job. They took a lot of notes of the answers I gave. This part took me about 1 hour including a chance to ask my questions at the end about the job.
    Finally, on 10/20, I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had an irate customer. How did you handle the call?   Answer Question
    • You received a call from a customer who is having an incredibly hard time describing the problem to you. How would you approach the problem?   Answer Question
    • Your workload is back up due to multiple employees taking sick days. Your supervisor comes to you for advice as to how to lower the volume. What would you advise?   Answer Question

Continuous Improvement Interview

Interview

The interview consisted of mostly straightforward and expected questions about my resume or myself. They went through your resume thoroughly and picked out things that they liked on there.

Team Leader II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Pontiac, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Three interviews, first with the Manger, then Director, and finally other Team Leads within the department. The question were your typical leadership questions, how do you resolve problems implement change and how do you deal with employees not meeting the goals .

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

It was good interview they said they will let me know soon but it's been a week haven't heard back from them. But I am waiting at least they should give us some feedback

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with two individuals from the team, both were Project Managers. Very formal interview, no surprises, just a straight up interview that took about maybe 45 minutes. I recommend having a set of questions to ask them at the end.

Interview Questions

• I was coming from advertising & I was asked why I was attracted to a job with Blue Cross.   1 Answer