Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.7

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

It was nice, learn so much about the company during the interview. They did a great job with letting me know about my expectations and what they required of me if I was to get hired

Senior Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

I received a call from HR and spoke for 15 minutes to over the position and how my experience fit. At the end of the conversation, I was offered to schedule an interview with the Manager of the department and the Director of the area. They had busy schedules so it wasn't for another 2 weeks before they could set up the second phone interview.

The interview lasted about 45 minutes and I was happy with how I conveyed my points. Unfortunately, I was called 2 weeks later to be told they hired internally. Even though I did not obtain the position, I have to say during the whole process, their HR department was really excellent by coordinating and communicating all the necessary information. They did offer me another interview for a position that became available, so their HR does keep your resume under consideration if you meet the requirements.

Interview Questions

• They had pretty standard questions, like "Why are you looking at BxBS?" "What type of experience do you have which sets you apart from others?" "Why should we hire you for this position?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Lansing, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

On 10/9, I applied online. Very straightforward compared to the last time I applied around July/August.
    On 10/11, I received an email inviting me to an online interview. I had until the following Monday to complete.
    On 10/14, I completed the online interview. I highly recommend using a computer with a webcam and dressing as you would for an in-person interview rather than recording on your phone. You do not get to talk to a live person during this part but you have plenty of chances to re-record yourself for some of these questions. Other questions however, you only have 30 seconds to prepare and 3 minutes to give an answer. Some of those questions, you are not given a chance to re-record if you mess up so make sure you have your resume handy and some quick notes about your work experience just in case. At the end, you are given a chance to review your answers that you can re-record before you hit submit. Some of the questions, you're asked to give personal work experiences. Other questions are a little more personality based.
    On 10/16, I was invited to an in-person interview with parking instructions to the building.
    On 10/18, I sat with two nice interviewers who asked me purely situational questions. I recommend giving plenty of specific examples from your work experience, even if it's not 100% relevant to the job. They took a lot of notes of the answers I gave. This part took me about 1 hour including a chance to ask my questions at the end about the job.
    Finally, on 10/20, I received a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had an irate customer. How did you handle the call?   Answer Question
    • You received a call from a customer who is having an incredibly hard time describing the problem to you. How would you approach the problem?   Answer Question
    • Your workload is back up due to multiple employees taking sick days. Your supervisor comes to you for advice as to how to lower the volume. What would you advise?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very straightforward and was just going over my resume. A few behavioral such as strengths and weaknesses. Only had a few interviews and was very straight forward.

Continuous Improvement Interview

Interview

The interview consisted of mostly straightforward and expected questions about my resume or myself. They went through your resume thoroughly and picked out things that they liked on there.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

3 separate interviewers. 2 were lower level and one was upper-leader ship. Asked mostly simple questions about study progress etc. Asked what your technical expertise was. Most of the time was spent me asking questions to them. Could easily divert the interviewers to talk about themselves and the company.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Southfield, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, was sent a email of a montage interview where you answer questions online. Received a email stating I would have an interview at the Southfield location and bring a few copies of my current resume. When I arrived there was about 7 other candidates we say for about 5-10 minutes and they said they were ready for us. We were escorted to a back room where they told us we would be given a writing sample. The sample was to respond to a e mail that stated the person wanted to change their pcp but was unable to do so she needed someone close to get residence she was getting error messages and wanted to know why. I assumed a writing sample was to test how we utilize grammar and punctuation (which by the way I'm not using correctly lol) anyway they gave us 15 minutes.

After the 15 minutes were up they called me and a gentleman up told us to follow them too talent acquisition which was the people in entry and they told us to have a great day. Lol it was very confusing and embarrassing. I'm thinking they wanted to give us an assessment and not a writing sample which is two different things. They don't allow you to go through the entire interview process or set the expectations correctly of the process and what it Intel's. Sad part is I have over five years of claim adjudication skills in a medical/dental setting. I've promulgated benefits with superb soft skills to members and providers yet they didn't even allow you to speak to a person.

. Mind you this interview was on a Saturday, in which I had to find a sitter, print out resumes that were never reviewed, and all because they couldn't differentiate between a writing sample and a assessment. When I inquired was it a bad thing that we were being excluded instead of her saying you didn't pass she hesitated to express how no we just need time to get assessments together.

Team Leader II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pontiac, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Pontiac, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

Three interviews, first with the Manger, then Director, and finally other Team Leads within the department. The question were your typical leadership questions, how do you resolve problems implement change and how do you deal with employees not meeting the goals .

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

It was good interview they said they will let me know soon but it's been a week haven't heard back from them. But I am waiting at least they should give us some feedback

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in June 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with two individuals from the team, both were Project Managers. Very formal interview, no surprises, just a straight up interview that took about maybe 45 minutes. I recommend having a set of questions to ask them at the end.

Interview Questions

• I was coming from advertising & I was asked why I was attracted to a job with Blue Cross.   1 Answer