Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Interview Questions

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.7

Interview

2 people; one was the manager and the other did the job (the manager was not experienced in the role - had been recently placed as manager after the team leader quit)

Interview Questions

• Basic questions; if you know the role, you will be fine. At the time, they were not as behavioral as current interviews. Hint. If they are asking a lot of behavioral questions, they're telling you about their current issues and wonder how you would handle them.   Answer Question

Nurse Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

It was my first interview in many years and I was nervous going in, but both RN's who interviewed me put me at ease. They took turns asking me a question and kept it moving quickly. Both were very friendly and I was shown around the department and where parking was. I felt good about the interview afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your relevant experience.
      What is your greatest strength/weakness.
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Grand Rapids, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

HR Recruiter called and did an informal over the phone interview set up in person interview after I passed the first phase. Scheduled me for Monday afternoon. I arrived early after not getting a confirmation email as promised. Discovered she had not even put me on the schedule . So 2 unaware very nice and professional supervisors interviewed me. I never heard anything back to this day. Left message with HR rep no response .. INSANITY

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an angry customer?
      Name a time you went above and beyond your duties to help a customer?   Answer Question

Case Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

Went through a recruiter who forwards resumes to a manager who will recruit for his/her team. Then they will conduct panel-style interview w at least two interviewers asking questions. Standard interview questions with focus on related clinical experience and skills. Explanation of job role and duties, training; ask questions regarding their expectations and goals in return; they like that a lot!

Interview Questions

• name one stressful situation describe how you handled it   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Was a well rehersed process but was very autocratic. Would not deviate from the corporate script. Seemed like they were more interested in following the interview process than actually the quality of the answers that were provided.

Interview Questions

• Please provide an example of a difficult client and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Southfield, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

First I applied online. A recruiter called me to schedule a phone screen. Two days later I had the phone interview. Lastly, I interviewed with supervisors three days later.

Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at the career fair applied online and interviewed through the phone, then skype. The phone interview focused on just getting to know me better and seeing where I would fit within the company. The skype interview was behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan?   Answer Question

Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

Once applied online I waited a total of 5 days to get a call to set up a Skype interview. This initial phone call was a screening call to ask me about why I applied and what made me want to work there. The call was with a recruiter. Once the interview was set up they had me send them my Skype name and an updated resume. On the day of the interview they added me on Skype and then sent me a Skype call. I met with three hiring managers. They asked my situation based questions, ethical questions, and some out of the ordinary questions just to get to know me better. At the end of the interview I got to ask them some questions. Two days later they had the recruiter call me to offer me the internship position. I had a week to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan.

Interview

Consisted to two interviews, each with behavior questions. There were three individuals who conducted the interview. The hiring manager, human resources, and a supervisor. They all took turns asking probing questions about my work history.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan (Detroit, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

My recruiter was very professional. She followed up via text and email. The Interview was conducted by 2 managers and went very well. The interviewers made an effort to make me feel comfortable during the interview. They asked the typical series of questions, followed by Q&A , then an informal conversation. I was notified within 24 hours that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How to approach solving complex problems?
      How do you work in a team?
      If you disagree with a supervisor, how do you handle it?   Answer Question