Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (Eagan, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

I first did a 20-30 minute phone interview, it was with a recording not a live person. After my recorded interview I was sent an online assessment. It took about 30 minutes, it was taking mock phone calls. This was simulating what your actual job would entitle - answering calls, explaining benefits, dealing with angry customers, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an angry customer and what you did? When did you get a manager involved?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota.

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. I did an initial phone screen with HR and then was brought onsite to meet with the supervisor I would report to. I also watched a video about the nature of the work, which was very straightforward and honest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific time you provided excellent customer service in your previous position? Why did you apply for this particular position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I completed an automated phone interview and was then emailed a link to complete a series of questions related to finding the right information and best ways to reply to questions and such. I then received and email to pick a time for an office interview. There were several other already there when I arrived and the room I was pulled into had like 12+tables set up and other supervisors were conducting interviews at the same time. Somewhat difficult to concentrate when so much chatter is around you but I guess its a good indication of the job itself in that respect. It's a new location they were hiring for. Received a call from HR 3 days later with a contingent offer for the position. Conducted my drug test the following day. Slight hiccup with a background check and a former job I had that was no longer in business for contact.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a quick decision and what was the outcome?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (Eagan, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Lengthy and thorough. First started with a long skills assessment that including a typing test and phone call simulator. Took around 1-2 hours for all the skills assessments to be completed. The atmosphere was very warm and welcoming. Very comfortable experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to figure out a quick solution to a problem. What was the problem, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota.

Interview

Initially applied online, received an email a few days later for a phone interview. Completed the phone interview-- it was extremely odd; it was impersonal, and automated. I thought i bombed the interview but then received an email to complete an online simulation and answer various personality questions.

I thought i did well with to simulation and questions but guess not. Its been some time and I'm assuming I wasn't a right fit.