Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.7

AIX Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota.

Interview

After I received an email from the recruiter, I Submitted my resume to their prime vendor. Got a call after a week to schedule the interview at convenient time. The week after the interview was set and there was only one round of interview over the phone.

Medical Policy Research Consultant Senior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process included one phone interview and one in-person interview with a skills test. I met with 3 individuals. The style was conversational, which I liked. The time between application to phone interview was 2 months and the time from phone interview to in-person interview was 2 months. It has been 6 months since I applied and I still do not know the outcome of the interview, despite being told I would be contacted.

Interview Questions

• Do you enjoy performing literature reviews and organizing literature?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was as expected. Initial questions on background and behavioral questions seeking to understand experience and past branding projects. Communication was good and timely from human resources

Interview Questions

• Walk us through your background   2 Answers

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota Response

Jun 13, 2017 – HR Officer

I believe this has been left on the wrong company profile as we are Blue Cross for Pets which is an animal charity based in the UK.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I completed an automated phone interview and was then emailed a link to complete a series of questions related to finding the right information and best ways to reply to questions and such. I then received and email to pick a time for an office interview. There were several other already there when I arrived and the room I was pulled into had like 12+tables set up and other supervisors were conducting interviews at the same time. Somewhat difficult to concentrate when so much chatter is around you but I guess its a good indication of the job itself in that respect. It's a new location they were hiring for. Received a call from HR 3 days later with a contingent offer for the position. Conducted my drug test the following day. Slight hiccup with a background check and a former job I had that was no longer in business for contact.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a quick decision and what was the outcome?   2 Answers

Security Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

I was asked to provide a Video interview. Within a couple days, I went through their tutorial and was able to provide a fairly good representation of myself. Didn't expect that.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to secure support at all levels of the organization for a major initiative you have led?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (Eagan, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

I got an email saying I was chosen for an interview. I then had to do a recorded video interview. Then I was asked to submit writing samples, and finally called in for two 30 minute interviews with the hiring manager and 2 people from my team.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota.

Interview

Initially applied online, received an email a few days later for a phone interview. Completed the phone interview-- it was extremely odd; it was impersonal, and automated. I thought i bombed the interview but then received an email to complete an online simulation and answer various personality questions.

I thought i did well with to simulation and questions but guess not. Its been some time and I'm assuming I wasn't a right fit.

Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (Eagan, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

Lengthy and thorough. First started with a long skills assessment that including a typing test and phone call simulator. Took around 1-2 hours for all the skills assessments to be completed. The atmosphere was very warm and welcoming. Very comfortable experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to figure out a quick solution to a problem. What was the problem, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

The first step was to complete Video Montage containing mainly behavioral questions involving your interests, education, and team-management skills. After completing this step, a HR representative will direct you to a hiring manager for a phone interview. The phone interview mainly contains behavioral questions and a few logic questions. They also ask you a lot of what your interests are and what you hope to do. My hiring manager was very much focused on web development and asked many questions regarding that area of field. Some include: What is your favorite app/website and why? If you were to create an app, what would it be? The interviewer also asked some Javascript questions. However, I went in unprepared because the job description did not mention anything regarding web development. Overall, the process was done in a good manner, but the job descriptions could be clearer.The major con was that they never told me my application status and if I was rejected or not, even after trying to get in touch multiple times. It was a positive experience for me however.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite app/website?   Answer Question
    • If you were to create and app, what would it be?   Answer Question
    • What is the greatest 3 x 2 product you can get with 2, 4, 7, 8, and 9?(given less than minute)   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota (Eagan, MN) in December 2015.

Interview

There was a phone screen by HR, followed by two in person interviews. The first in person interview went well, typical behavioral questions and resume/experience questions. My background was an almost perfect fit for the job. I had all of the required items and most of the preferred items. I was told the next interview would be a technical one. However, that was untrue. The second in person interview was a further scrutiny of my background by additional people. They appeared not to believe what I had on my resume and were very skeptical of what I told them. I have no idea why as it was all truthful and accurate. There were no technical questions asked so I never had the opportunity to display my technical knowledge.