Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated May 15, 2017

2.9

Manager Procurement & Support Svcs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I discussed a manager level role during the phone screen and the role I applied for was manager level. Then at the end of the second interview with the director, which went well until she told me it wasn't a manager role and it was an individual contributor role. You could tell she became annoyed after that point. She asked why I thought I should be a manager, and I stated my case. It's poor recruiting practice to pass around candidates resumes within in a company without checking with the candidate first. Needless to say, when I followed up with the recruiter, she did not respond personally but opted to send a computer generated response declining their interest.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your experience.   1 Answer

Market Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the only two researchers in their marketing research department. The interview lasted 45 minutes and involved an explanation of the job role, various questions about my skills, and if I needed clarification on anything. They got back to me the next day with a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter, after that I had another phone interview with one of the hiring managers and finally I was brought in for an in person interview. The last interview consisted of meeting with four individuals. The questions where standard, why are you interested in working for BCBSA; what made you want to apply; what would you say is one of your strength and so on.

Interview Questions

• One of the hiring managers provide a scenario and she wanted to know how I would go about finding the required information   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

First round : HR call
    Second round : Technical lead interview call
    Third round : Hiring Manager and HR on-site call

My hiring manager was on vacation and he is busy. So I got my results after a long wait (1 month). Usually it should be faster.

Interview Questions

• About yourself, why BCBSA, future goals, why this role. Internship interview is pretty much easy, they check your attitude not your talent. Your attitude plays a good role.   1 Answer

Product Verification Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about three weeks in total. First there was a phone interview with the recruiter then I was invited to an onsite interview and lastly there was a final Skype interview.
    Both interviews were conversational where I was asked about previous experiences and resume inputs. The internship experience was great start for me

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Quite Exhausting. Had first round on campus interview. then a second round interview day, consisting of a written case (1 hr) and four interviews with managers in groups they are considering you for. Afterwords, depending on the group (i believe) you may have a third round which is five interviews with members of the group that they determine is the best fit.The process overall is pretty exhausting, but each individual interview was definitely a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Written case was interesting, they have you use excel presumably to see if you are comfortable with it. A lot of time in each interview is spent talking about the structure of the association,make sure you come prepared with 15+ good SUBSTANTIVE questions. A lot of personality and fit questions, along with questions about analytical ability and experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First part written case study--you get word and excel to solve a case. You don't have to present it or anything though (like a typical consulting interview). Second part behavioral questions from a few different senior leaders (one on one; about four hours total).

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to completely change directions and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with Director and Manager of the devision. They are more conceded with personality over ability. It was very short and I wish that they would have told me that they had just implemented a new software, Fieldglass and that I would be learning while still needing to train Directors on the new system. Softwares used for this position are Ariba, PeopleSoft, B-Flex powered by Fieldglass, Access, Excel, and LotusNotes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed through on-campus recruiting and later received an email from a recruiter to schedule a superday. It involved a written case with answers typed up in Word (and an Excel sheet, probably just for calculations) followed by 4 interviews. I received an itinerary beforehand, but two of my interviewers were replaced with completely new people, which made some of the research I did beforehand worthless. My interviewers were all very nice except for one guy who didn't give me his name or even make eye contact. Recruiter told me I'd hear back by "early December." On the second week of December I asked my recruiter if she had any updates, and was told I'd hear back the next week. No response. I emailed again in the middle of January and finally learned I didn't get the position. If you have an applicant travel to your office to interview for 3+ hours, you can at least email them to let them know they didn't get the job; I think if I hadn't asked I would have never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Written case was to evaluate a product offering using some assumptions. Not too difficult.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied through college career fair. so roughly we can say the process was: On campus chat, on phone screening, onsite interview, joining

onsite interview was with hiring manager. It was more like conversation and past work experience.