Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2018

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in April 2018.

Interview

Somewhat easy, asked technical questions as well as behavioral questions. Got a call with the HR manager, he described to me what the job was about and I asked a lot of questions about the health insurance industry

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

Interview

45 minutes Technical and overview of work background. Their following up style needs work as I am still a potential candidate. The company recruiter does not return calls right away, sometimes weeks before a returned call.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview. The process took 1.5 months and asked a lot of questions, and wanted you to explain everything on your resume in details. You have to be very clear on why you choose them.

Interview Questions

• everything based on your experience, and focus more on research experience   Answer Question
    • why do you choose them? and why don't you choose insurance company?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by head of HR and was asked if I was interested in a position they had posted on their website. I followed through with the application process, cover letter, and did a preliminary interview with HR regarding this particular position. When I interviewed with the hiring manager and a senior staff member, the position for which they interviewed me for was NOT the position to which I had applied. This was a classic bait and switch move. After the interview, I was extremely disappointed with the hiring manager and was not interested in the position they were offering. I was under the impression that the position offered was a full time regular position concentrating on certain set of skills required to be successful in this position but they were really looking for a temporary position to help with the grunt work for a project.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions regarding experience with certain technologies. Because they did not interview me for the position to which I applied, there were no questions asked about handling delicate situations or utilizing critical thinking, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

Interview

The process took a month. The interviewer was very welcome. He asked most behavior questions and the questions about the association. I would suggest doing research on healthcare insurance industry as well.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

Interview

Not exactly interview but summary on the test
    i applied for an entry level csr position back in Jan 2017 in Feb I received a link to take the pre-employment assessment test for customer service representative. I had 48 hours to complete test.
    It consisted of those same typical employment questions personality true false, Likert scale and a call center type simulation where you have to type account number, name, & problem

Interview Questions

• The simulation was 4 different calls and the system provided multiple choice responses to how to address the call.
      And it provided you with the policy on how to address the concern.
      The most difficult part for me was when they gave this table with various codes and you had to answer the questions with a limited amount of time.   2 Answers

Manager Procurement & Support Svcs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I discussed a manager level role during the phone screen and the role I applied for was manager level. Then at the end of the second interview with the director, which went well until she told me it wasn't a manager role and it was an individual contributor role. You could tell she became annoyed after that point. She asked why I thought I should be a manager, and I stated my case. It's poor recruiting practice to pass around candidates resumes within in a company without checking with the candidate first. Needless to say, when I followed up with the recruiter, she did not respond personally but opted to send a computer generated response declining their interest.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your experience.   1 Answer

Advanced Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Detroit, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

The first was a call from HR, typical qualifying questions and the standard what do you make and what are your expectations. After going through the entire process including two onsite interviews the came in and low balled me at 30k less than I am currently making. Why did we proceed after the first call?....

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process included two phone interviews and a final interview. Each interview was about a week apart from each other. They were flexible with scheduling interview. There was one case study during the first phone interview. Second phone interview was behavioral only. The final interview was five hours long.

Market Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the only two researchers in their marketing research department. The interview lasted 45 minutes and involved an explanation of the job role, various questions about my skills, and if I needed clarification on anything. They got back to me the next day with a job offer.