Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 25, 2017

2.9

Advanced Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Detroit, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

The first was a call from HR, typical qualifying questions and the standard what do you make and what are your expectations. After going through the entire process including two onsite interviews the came in and low balled me at 30k less than I am currently making. Why did we proceed after the first call?....

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process included two phone interviews and a final interview. Each interview was about a week apart from each other. They were flexible with scheduling interview. There was one case study during the first phone interview. Second phone interview was behavioral only. The final interview was five hours long.

Market Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the only two researchers in their marketing research department. The interview lasted 45 minutes and involved an explanation of the job role, various questions about my skills, and if I needed clarification on anything. They got back to me the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. Asked to give description of background and job history. Went over job description and said that I would hear back from someone within the week.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to work with a group to accomplish a goal. Give details and the outcome.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Kansas City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was good. but the interview was too long. Most of the process included explaining their medical benefits. what are your strengths and weaknesses? What was the most challenging work you faced and how did you face it? How good are you with a team with different personalities?

Interview Questions

• generic behavioral questions and how I maintained the team on day to day activities   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter, after that I had another phone interview with one of the hiring managers and finally I was brought in for an in person interview. The last interview consisted of meeting with four individuals. The questions where standard, why are you interested in working for BCBSA; what made you want to apply; what would you say is one of your strength and so on.

Interview Questions

• One of the hiring managers provide a scenario and she wanted to know how I would go about finding the required information   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was very out going, I was very nervous but I was reassured by the interviewers that it was ok... it was a presentation at first and then a panel interview with all the candidates that were there fir the interview

Interview Questions

• Name three things about yourself?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

Interview

Filled out application, online assessment, phone interview personal questions also ask about previous job, 1on1 with two supervisor 15, each ask questions, scenario questions , was not as layed back but ok atmosphere, four days later job offered

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None...take it or leave it

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

Interview

The interview was long. involved Director, and department heads. standard questions with exception of "what is standard deviation?" took them over a month to call me to set up first interview. Had a phone interview then an in person panel interview. Was told too energetic for position. Limit your excitement for this company. Answer the questions simply, then stop talking.

Interview Questions

• "what is standard deviation?"
      Where do you want to be in five years?
      general interview questions like the one above.
      Answer Question

Product Verification Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about three weeks in total. First there was a phone interview with the recruiter then I was invited to an onsite interview and lastly there was a final Skype interview.
    Both interviews were conversational where I was asked about previous experiences and resume inputs. The internship experience was great start for me