Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

Manager Procurement & Support Svcs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I discussed a manager level role during the phone screen and the role I applied for was manager level. Then at the end of the second interview with the director, which went well until she told me it wasn't a manager role and it was an individual contributor role. You could tell she became annoyed after that point. She asked why I thought I should be a manager, and I stated my case. It's poor recruiting practice to pass around candidates resumes within in a company without checking with the candidate first. Needless to say, when I followed up with the recruiter, she did not respond personally but opted to send a computer generated response declining their interest.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your experience.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

Interview

Not exactly interview but summary on the test
    i applied for an entry level csr position back in Jan 2017 in Feb I received a link to take the pre-employment assessment test for customer service representative. I had 48 hours to complete test.
    It consisted of those same typical employment questions personality true false, Likert scale and a call center type simulation where you have to type account number, name, & problem

Interview Questions

• The simulation was 4 different calls and the system provided multiple choice responses to how to address the call.
      And it provided you with the policy on how to address the concern.
      The most difficult part for me was when they gave this table with various codes and you had to answer the questions with a limited amount of time.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process included two phone interviews and a final interview. Each interview was about a week apart from each other. They were flexible with scheduling interview. There was one case study during the first phone interview. Second phone interview was behavioral only. The final interview was five hours long.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter, after that I had another phone interview with one of the hiring managers and finally I was brought in for an in person interview. The last interview consisted of meeting with four individuals. The questions where standard, why are you interested in working for BCBSA; what made you want to apply; what would you say is one of your strength and so on.

Interview Questions

• One of the hiring managers provide a scenario and she wanted to know how I would go about finding the required information   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

Interview

The interview was long. involved Director, and department heads. standard questions with exception of "what is standard deviation?" took them over a month to call me to set up first interview. Had a phone interview then an in person panel interview. Was told too energetic for position. Limit your excitement for this company. Answer the questions simply, then stop talking.

Interview Questions

• "what is standard deviation?"
      Where do you want to be in five years?
      general interview questions like the one above.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Lansing, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online at bcbsm.com Had a short phone interview with basic questions about myself with a recruiter. Got a call back the next week to set up a real interview. It was 1.5 hours with two sets of two people, all were Health actuaries. They wanted to know specifics about exam preparation and skill sets. Very nice people interviewing, not too intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What's a specific formula you have used in excel and how did it make calculations easier?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association in November 2015.

Interview

Called for about 20 min. Ask basic questions about yourself and what you bring to company. Talked about the company and what you would do and what they do. Talked about the size and culture. Very friendly and on time which is important. Asked if you had any questions. Very basic.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed through on-campus recruiting and later received an email from a recruiter to schedule a superday. It involved a written case with answers typed up in Word (and an Excel sheet, probably just for calculations) followed by 4 interviews. I received an itinerary beforehand, but two of my interviewers were replaced with completely new people, which made some of the research I did beforehand worthless. My interviewers were all very nice except for one guy who didn't give me his name or even make eye contact. Recruiter told me I'd hear back by "early December." On the second week of December I asked my recruiter if she had any updates, and was told I'd hear back the next week. No response. I emailed again in the middle of January and finally learned I didn't get the position. If you have an applicant travel to your office to interview for 3+ hours, you can at least email them to let them know they didn't get the job; I think if I hadn't asked I would have never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Written case was to evaluate a product offering using some assumptions. Not too difficult.   Answer Question

Business Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Richardson, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Two round interview process.First a phone interview and then in person interview with a panel of 6 members.The questions were related to data analysis and Behavioral questions.I feel it was a tough interview .

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Contacted by snotty recruiter to go over salary range and if two sites was something I would be interested in. I said that would be fine and gave site preference. She had an attitude problem and turned me off to the company when I am very talented in my field. These recruiter try to play god and miss a lot of talent by doing so because they are completely non-technical and clueless.

Interview Questions

• How many people have you managed in the past?
      why are you looking to leave your current position?