Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.9

Manager Procurement & Support Svcs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I discussed a manager level role during the phone screen and the role I applied for was manager level. Then at the end of the second interview with the director, which went well until she told me it wasn't a manager role and it was an individual contributor role. You could tell she became annoyed after that point. She asked why I thought I should be a manager, and I stated my case. It's poor recruiting practice to pass around candidates resumes within in a company without checking with the candidate first. Needless to say, when I followed up with the recruiter, she did not respond personally but opted to send a computer generated response declining their interest.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your experience.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

Interview

Not exactly interview but summary on the test
    i applied for an entry level csr position back in Jan 2017 in Feb I received a link to take the pre-employment assessment test for customer service representative. I had 48 hours to complete test.
    It consisted of those same typical employment questions personality true false, Likert scale and a call center type simulation where you have to type account number, name, & problem

Interview Questions

• The simulation was 4 different calls and the system provided multiple choice responses to how to address the call.
      And it provided you with the policy on how to address the concern.
      The most difficult part for me was when they gave this table with various codes and you had to answer the questions with a limited amount of time.
      Answer Question

Advanced Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Detroit, MI) in December 2016.

Interview

The first was a call from HR, typical qualifying questions and the standard what do you make and what are your expectations. After going through the entire process including two onsite interviews the came in and low balled me at 30k less than I am currently making. Why did we proceed after the first call?....

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process included two phone interviews and a final interview. Each interview was about a week apart from each other. They were flexible with scheduling interview. There was one case study during the first phone interview. Second phone interview was behavioral only. The final interview was five hours long.

Market Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by the only two researchers in their marketing research department. The interview lasted 45 minutes and involved an explanation of the job role, various questions about my skills, and if I needed clarification on anything. They got back to me the next day with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

Interview

First interview was over the phone. Asked to give description of background and job history. Went over job description and said that I would hear back from someone within the week.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to work with a group to accomplish a goal. Give details and the outcome.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Kansas City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was good. but the interview was too long. Most of the process included explaining their medical benefits. what are your strengths and weaknesses? What was the most challenging work you faced and how did you face it? How good are you with a team with different personalities?

Interview Questions

• generic behavioral questions and how I maintained the team on day to day activities   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter, after that I had another phone interview with one of the hiring managers and finally I was brought in for an in person interview. The last interview consisted of meeting with four individuals. The questions where standard, why are you interested in working for BCBSA; what made you want to apply; what would you say is one of your strength and so on.

Interview Questions

• One of the hiring managers provide a scenario and she wanted to know how I would go about finding the required information   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

First round : HR call
    Second round : Technical lead interview call
    Third round : Hiring Manager and HR on-site call

My hiring manager was on vacation and he is busy. So I got my results after a long wait (1 month). Usually it should be faster.

Interview Questions

• About yourself, why BCBSA, future goals, why this role. Internship interview is pretty much easy, they check your attitude not your talent. Your attitude plays a good role.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview was very out going, I was very nervous but I was reassured by the interviewers that it was ok... it was a presentation at first and then a panel interview with all the candidates that were there fir the interview

Interview Questions

• Name three things about yourself?   1 Answer