Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

Interview

Filled out application, online assessment, phone interview personal questions also ask about previous job, 1on1 with two supervisor 15, each ask questions, scenario questions , was not as layed back but ok atmosphere, four days later job offered

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None...take it or leave it

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

Interview

The interview was long. involved Director, and department heads. standard questions with exception of "what is standard deviation?" took them over a month to call me to set up first interview. Had a phone interview then an in person panel interview. Was told too energetic for position. Limit your excitement for this company. Answer the questions simply, then stop talking.

Interview Questions

• "what is standard deviation?"
      Where do you want to be in five years?
      general interview questions like the one above.   Answer Question

Product Verification Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process took about three weeks in total. First there was a phone interview with the recruiter then I was invited to an onsite interview and lastly there was a final Skype interview.
    Both interviews were conversational where I was asked about previous experiences and resume inputs. The internship experience was great start for me

Intern- Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with two actuaries. They mostly asked behavioral questions and reviewed my resume with me. As far as technical stuff they only asked what programs I had used and if I could give brief overview of any projects or work experience that involved R, Excel, SQL, etc. They also wanted to know about my interest in pursuing actuarial coursework/ exams. I later received an offer in their healthcare econ internship, which I ultimately accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a leadership role you've taken.
      Tell us about a time/ project that involved technical skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Quite Exhausting. Had first round on campus interview. then a second round interview day, consisting of a written case (1 hr) and four interviews with managers in groups they are considering you for. Afterwords, depending on the group (i believe) you may have a third round which is five interviews with members of the group that they determine is the best fit.The process overall is pretty exhausting, but each individual interview was definitely a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Written case was interesting, they have you use excel presumably to see if you are comfortable with it. A lot of time in each interview is spent talking about the structure of the association,make sure you come prepared with 15+ good SUBSTANTIVE questions. A lot of personality and fit questions, along with questions about analytical ability and experiences.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Lansing, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online at bcbsm.com Had a short phone interview with basic questions about myself with a recruiter. Got a call back the next week to set up a real interview. It was 1.5 hours with two sets of two people, all were Health actuaries. They wanted to know specifics about exam preparation and skill sets. Very nice people interviewing, not too intimidating.

Interview Questions

• What's a specific formula you have used in excel and how did it make calculations easier?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First part written case study--you get word and excel to solve a case. You don't have to present it or anything though (like a typical consulting interview). Second part behavioral questions from a few different senior leaders (one on one; about four hours total).

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to completely change directions and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with Director and Manager of the devision. They are more conceded with personality over ability. It was very short and I wish that they would have told me that they had just implemented a new software, Fieldglass and that I would be learning while still needing to train Directors on the new system. Softwares used for this position are Ariba, PeopleSoft, B-Flex powered by Fieldglass, Access, Excel, and LotusNotes.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association in November 2015.

Interview

Called for about 20 min. Ask basic questions about yourself and what you bring to company. Talked about the company and what you would do and what they do. Talked about the size and culture. Very friendly and on time which is important. Asked if you had any questions. Very basic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed through on-campus recruiting and later received an email from a recruiter to schedule a superday. It involved a written case with answers typed up in Word (and an Excel sheet, probably just for calculations) followed by 4 interviews. I received an itinerary beforehand, but two of my interviewers were replaced with completely new people, which made some of the research I did beforehand worthless. My interviewers were all very nice except for one guy who didn't give me his name or even make eye contact. Recruiter told me I'd hear back by "early December." On the second week of December I asked my recruiter if she had any updates, and was told I'd hear back the next week. No response. I emailed again in the middle of January and finally learned I didn't get the position. If you have an applicant travel to your office to interview for 3+ hours, you can at least email them to let them know they didn't get the job; I think if I hadn't asked I would have never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Written case was to evaluate a product offering using some assumptions. Not too difficult.   Answer Question