Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama.

Interview

1st interview over the phone
    2nd interview with 3 managers, a little intense but not horrible. Managers were writing my responses as I was talking so not sure how much they were actually paying attention to my responses.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you couldn't finish a job on time and what did you do?   Answer Question

Process Inquiry Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bessemer, AL

Application

I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Bessemer, AL) in July 2017.

Interview

Hiring process took a long time about a month and a half. But overall my recruiter was very nice and professional with emails and any questions I had. I did the application, then assessment (1 week later), then interview (one week later) then email for background check (about 2 weeks) also back ground check is through an outside source so takes longer to verify previous jobs and degrees, then drug test (3 days later after background was complete). Then job offer (3 days later). Very long process do not give up and CHECK YOUR EMAIL DAILY!

Interview Questions

• Name a steps you used to fix and incorrect claim you've processed?   Answer Question
    • How many claims do you process a day?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had a difficult time processing a claim. How did you complete the claim?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the CSR Trainee position in Feb 2017. About 24 hours later I was contacted by a recruiter to take an online skills assessment. After taking the assessment which took about an hour, a recruiter contacted me about two weeks later requesting a phone interview. About a week later I had a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes. After the phone interview about 3 weeks passed and I was then emailed again to set up a face to face interview. After the final interview a couple of weeks passed and I was contacted by the recruiter for permission to perform a background check. It took a week for the background check to come back and finally I was scheduled to take a drug test. The same week the drug test came back I was officially offered the job.

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was long but very well worth it. From first submitting my application online, until the last interview (there were 2 interviews), it took about 3 months.

My initial interview was with an HR consultant. She was very kind and helpful. Questions in this interview were more about my work experience and I was given an overview of the role and the department.

My second interview was with a panel from the department staff including senior managers and my future direct supervisor. Questions were more detailed on my work history. The rest were very situational. I received hypothetical questions about how I would handle certain situations, and was asked to describe times when I had a specific difficulties and how i dealt with them.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you did not meet expectations on a project. What was the issue and how did you rectify the situation?   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Hoover, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

Telephone call with the recruiter, then in person interview with hiring manager. Fake interview for sponsoring foreign workers by showing unavailability of local talent. Waste of time. Stay away from them

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions only. The job posting was removed before I went in for the interview. Came to know the job posting was a sham to show they can't find American workers to the department of labor. Wasted my time for interview and commute.   1 Answer

Customer Service Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

Their process is long. applied online received a confirmation email same day. A week later test email. A week later interview. Still waiting to hear a job offer it can take 3-4 weeks after interview to hear anything back. Interview questions are behavioral based questions. All the usual ones.

Interview Questions

• What did you dislike about your old job? What did you like about it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Huntsville, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

First interview was a webcam interview and then I had face to face interview with two of the supervisors. Next was the background check then the drug screen. The process took about a month to complete.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is non negotiable

Inquiry Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Hoover, AL) in July 2014.

Interview

From Application to interview it took about a month. Received a email to take the assessment. Passed assessment, and was scheduled for a interview. Interview went pretty well. Employer was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was name a situation where you had to make a difficult analysis.   1 Answer

Product Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in April 2014.

Interview

when I went for the interview the job was not what was advertised. The shop foreman was mad that the owner was interviewing at all. It was a feud from the jump. I was told I would have a small office but that was a lie. My work area was in the shop which was not air conditioned.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem working weekends and late everyday?   1 Answer

This was just a bait and switch situation.

Inquiry Process Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online, called to come in and take their test. Passed their test and called to come in for an interview. Pretty much downhill from their. They saw that I was not female and it doesn't matter after that. I was not selected, however, my former coworker that were in the same position with less experience and coworkers that I was over in our previous company where hired.... All females. After speaking with coworkers that were selected they agree that BCBSAL HR discriminates against sex and race.

Interview Questions

• No question was difficult. HR rep was very snooty and unprofessional   Answer Question