Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama

2.9

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Hoover, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

Telephone call with the recruiter, then in person interview with hiring manager. Fake interview for sponsoring foreign workers by showing unavailability of local talent. Waste of time. Stay away from them

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions only. The job posting was removed before I went in for the interview. Came to know the job posting was a sham to show they can't find American workers to the department of labor. Wasted my time for interview and commute.   1 Answer

RN Reviewer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone screening by HR to review my resume.
    Then an interview in person with HR and then another with management
    I had to do personality testing and then an interview with a job psychologist.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to deal with more than you could handle and how you prioritized your work?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in October 2009.

Interview

Received call and had a short conversation with the HR recruiter basicly verifying information provided on my resume. Following the call, an in house interview was scheduled at which i met with a few managers who i learned later each had a need for the position. Each asked some questions regarding their particular area of business.Afterward, took a short multi-choice "can you tie your shoes" test.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the evolution of healthcare in this country.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was a phone call with an offer and explaining benefits. I declined the first offer citing salary needs. The next day i received a call with a more competitive offer which i accepted.

Customer Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Huntsville, AL) in May 2009.

Interview

I completed online application..Then I had a phone interview. I received a call to take a test. After the test, I received a call to complete a face to face interview, few days later they called to give me a tentative job offer pending drug test & background. I received a package in the mail containing salary, possible hire date, and the info for the drug test (location & time)

Interview Questions

• there wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions...just "tell me a time when" etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was not negotiation

Claims Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in January 2011.

Interview

Long detailed process. Took about 3-4 weeks to complete. Questions were very specific towards applied skills and abilities. During the interview there were several distractions that which tended to delay completion of the session. The interview panel were friendly and cordial. The environment was relaxed and casual which made the session more comfortable for me as the interviewee.

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was long but very well worth it. From first submitting my application online, until the last interview (there were 2 interviews), it took about 3 months.

My initial interview was with an HR consultant. She was very kind and helpful. Questions in this interview were more about my work experience and I was given an overview of the role and the department.

My second interview was with a panel from the department staff including senior managers and my future direct supervisor. Questions were more detailed on my work history. The rest were very situational. I received hypothetical questions about how I would handle certain situations, and was asked to describe times when I had a specific difficulties and how i dealt with them.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you did not meet expectations on a project. What was the issue and how did you rectify the situation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama.

Interview

1st interview over the phone
    2nd interview with 3 managers, a little intense but not horrible. Managers were writing my responses as I was talking so not sure how much they were actually paying attention to my responses.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you couldn't finish a job on time and what did you do?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama.

Interview

After taking call center assesment test, those that past are interviewed for position. Interview is a bit intimidating, but too bad. Interview is with HR recruiter and not management from the actual customer servcie department.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Huntsville, AL) in August 2014.

Interview

First interview was a webcam interview and then I had face to face interview with two of the supervisors. Next was the background check then the drug screen. The process took about a month to complete.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary is non negotiable

Mainframe Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama (Birmingham, AL) in March 2008.

Interview

i had a phone interview. Initially i was asked questions about my previous work experience and my skillsets. She asked me to define my work experience in each of my skillsets.
    Then she asked me to describe a situation where my analytical skills were tested the most.
    other than that i was asked technical questions . I was also asked what i liked about my previous job and what i did not like

Interview Questions

• What did u like in your previous job and what u didnt like?   1 Answer