Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 29, 2018

2.7

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO) in November 2011.

Interview

They appeared at our campus career fair, and were looking around for anyone and everyone with an EECS sticker on their name tags and telling them to go visit their booth because the were really interested in finding some new interns. From there, I talked to them, and they called me back for a next day interview. At the next day interview, they were so nice and laid back. Of course, the questions were pretty standard behavioral questions, but they listened and seemed really interested in what I had to say.

Then, they called me again saying they wanted to do an on-site interview. This one was very similar to the next-day interview with similar behavioral questions as well as a few technical questions, but nothing difficult to answer. They then sent me back with a gift basket, and offered me the position later that week.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any conflicts with a coworker or team member? Explain   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The pay was actually pretty good.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City.

Interview

Talked with an interviewer who was very nice and outgoing, but I was very much unprepared and could not find the appropriate words for many of the questions as I do not yet know what type of career I want. Would recommend knowing what you want to do as a career before applying to any job anywhere not just here. Thanks!

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

They department I was hired for did not hire very often. This was nice because the interviews were more on a personal level.

Interview Questions

• They did not have interview style questions it was more of a conversation.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview a week later. Two weeks of waiting before heard from HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non existent. They would not budge.

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

There was a two part interview. The first interview took place on the phone with the hiring supervisor. Once selected to move to the next round, interview took place with the hiring supervisor and the supervisor's boss. Questions were what you would expect. Nothing out of the oridinary.

Interview Questions

• How did you respond when a situation did not go in you favor in a previous job.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was great. I interviewed with a group of supervisors/management. They asked me questions about my past experience, what I would do in this situation, the general interview questions. After that a higher group of management came in and I was able to talk with them about my experience etc. I asked a lot of questions to each group I spoke with. I felt very relaxed and everyone was very nice which made the interview so much easier.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about my past experience, what I would do in this situation, the general interview questions. How I was able to solve certain things etc. How I would feel about working from home.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO) in November 2011.

Interview

Sometimes they already know who they are going to pick for the job, they just go through the interview process because I guess they have to by law.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person. Was pleasant discussion with IT Managers. Very professional. Made you feel very comfortable and provided good insight into the day to day work environment.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Kansas City, MO) in March 2018.

Interview

First interview conducted by phone with HR representative. Used standardized questions for initial screening. She didnt know much about the role itself.

To date I have not recieved any additional communication stating whether I have been chosen to move on or denied movement to the next step.

Interview Questions

• What would people you worked with say are you three greatest stremgths.   Answer Question