Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Interview Questions

Interviews at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana

2.7

Configuration Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana.

Interview

Fairly simple interview process. Only behavioral questions, nothing technical. Interviewers were nice but questions were more based on the situation. Never asked me to talk about my experience, when they specifically said they are looking for someone with technical skills but still never gave a chance to talk about my experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to deal with a certain situation.   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very lengthy interview process. From application to start date was approximately three months. Starts with a phone screen from a recruiter in human resources followed up by an in person interview with 2 people a few weeks later. Offer was a few weeks after that.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana in February 2015.

Interview

Fair and well organized, several staff involved in the process. Job role was clearly described sand opportunities to ask questions was given. Only bad thing was salary at start was low and I had to work two jobs at first.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana (Baton Rouge, LA) in March 2012.

Interview

A company recruiter contacted me for the first time in September 2011 From that time and until December 2011, I had 2 face-to-face interviews for 2 different positions. Through my own follow-up, I eventually learned that in both situations, another candidate had been chosen. Last week and after 3 months have passed, I received the most recent call from BCBS of Louisiana. It was one of the managers who interviewed me previously. After the call, I sent a courtesy thank you email appreciating the manager for calling me and letting her know that I was no longer in a job search. During the call, this manager did not give me an opportunity to say this. Of course, I did not get a reply e-mail and now my perception of this company is that it may not be the kind of place that I would enjoy working. I am confident that things worked out for the best where I am concerned.

Interview Questions

• As an experienced professional, I was given a case study that involved current university enrollment processes which were not familiar to me.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2016.

Interview

It was an average interview, toured the company, then interviewed with two of the higher ups where they went over my resume and i confirmed everything. Wasn't super technical they just made sure that you knew what was on your resume and had the current knowledge on it.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my last internship and what i did there   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2017.

Interview

Ask some brief questions on work ethic, experiences and your character. Was very professional and comfortable at the same time. They sat me down with two individuals who were very nice. They had their set of questions ready and we began. Lasted for maybe 30mins-45mins.

Applications Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

Blue Cross uses behavioral interviews. Some managers take the interview process to the extreme, with muliple interviews (same day) with co-workers, other management, etc. The process can be slow and painful, even for the internal applicants.

Interview Questions

• Questions used in the interview are picked by the person doing the interview. This can be very subjective.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary, start date was flexible.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana in February 2012.

Interview

Applied online and followed up myself with hiring manager and then recruiter to set up interview. Interview process went well, but I was never advised of time frames by recruiter as to when I would hear about next step.

Follow up with your hiring manager and recruiter in a professional way. Thank you emails after the interview. Email your recruiter as well.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interviewing questions -- come prepared to BE YOURSELF. You want this to be a good fit for you too.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Had to wait for offer call for about 1 week after I thought call would come. I was pleased with the offer, as I was so ready to leave my former employer.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2018.

Interview

I only had 1 interview which wasn't that bad but the lack of response to emails and calls and professionalism from the company in particular the recruiter was terrible. I never received a official rejection letter for this position I had to find out by word of mouth.

Interview Questions

• They just asked about my work experience and a few behavioral questions.   Answer Question

IT Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana (Baton Rouge, LA) in November 2018.

Interview

Painful random behavioral questions. Nothing to do with skill set. Prepare for tell me about a time for these interviews. I was expecting to talk about my skills and the job i was brought in for. Behavior is a huge component with this company.