Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi Interview Questions

2.7

Incoming Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flowood, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi (Flowood, MS).

Interview

It was long, three interviews over 30 days. Not much feedback during the process. In my opinion it took entirely too long to finish. I was grateful to get the interview so soon after college

Interview Questions

• What is your best quality?   1 Answer

Provider Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi.

Interview

The hiring process took a couple of months. The interview process was an overall good one. I had a phone interview and then a face to face interview a week later. After the face to face interview, the HR manager took me on a tour of the campus and answered any questions I had that were not answered in the interview. Everyone I encountered were very nice.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flowood, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi (Flowood, MS).

Interview

Brief conversation asking me about my technical background and education. They described what the job involved and how the team functioned. Described what I would be working on. I was interviewed by 3 different individuals (manager and 2 co-workers on the team). I was also given a brief tour of the facilities.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi.

Interview

Applied, got a call about 2 weeks later for an initial screening for interview during their campus visit. Had an interview at School, followed by an onsite visit. First interview was with HR representative and 2 developers. Site visit involved interviewing with HR Manager followed by Software Director. Pretty straight forward questions.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flowood, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi (Flowood, MS) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online through the Blue Cross Blue Shield website and was contacted a few days later wanting a phone interview. A few days later I conducted a phone interview basically asking about my resume. After that I was sent an aptitude test and a writing assignment ( They wanted to know if I could think logically and write appropriately). One week later I had an onsite interview with 2 software developers asking questions about my experiences with different programming languages.

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi (Jackson, MS) in April 2012.

Interview

The company had me answer basic questions and take online personality and intelligence tests.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flowood, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi (Flowood, MS) in March 2011.

Interview

Average interview questions, like most call center jobs, you will have a mock phone call on your final interview, 3 in all, where a manager will have you study their website and then ask you as if they were a customer calling needing assistance navigating it. If you have common sense and can read, you can pass this.

Interview Questions

• If you were to receive this position, where do you see yourself with Blue Cross in the 5 years.   1 Answer
    • What does Customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation no matter what your degree level, you are paid the same 30,000 I only have a bachelors degree but I sat next to people with masters degree and we made the same amount.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi (Jackson, MS) in February 2011.

Interview

They gave me the job and then did a background check and had me take a hair drug test. They also contacted my previous employers before hiring me. They are very strict and are serious about their policies and procedures. For instance, you are only allowed one personal item on your desk.

Care Management Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter at BCBS of MS for this position who saw my resume online. I was not in the job market but was open to looking into a new position. I took several online tests. I went on-site for some & did some at home. I went in for interviews twice with at least 3 different people. I was impressed with the facilty & that was about it. The cafe & gym were nice. The demeanor of the employees walking around was very depressing. The recruiter was in constant contact with me in the beginning & very upbeat about the process. It was very stressful for me to take the tests, do the interviews (telephone & in person), shop for "corporate" wear for the interviews- as instructed by the recruiter-all while continuing my full-time job. After one month had passed, the updates & communication went downhill. It got to the point where I just wanted an answer & I had already decided not to work for this company no matter what was offered. Almost two months later following the initial contact, I finally get an answer that they are pursuing other candidates. I am highly disappointed with the lack of communication & professionalism-I have never experienced anything like this! I had family/friends telling me to run the other way from this company & I realize now they knew what they were talking about. One of the telephone interviews had to be rescheduled more than once-I was told by the recruiter "this never happens"- well the same thing happened to me with the same company less than two years ago! This has been a learning experience for me-it has made me realize how blessed I am to be where I am in my career & work with some fabulous people! I don't think this would be a good place to work if you are a "people" person, like good communication, & want to be treated like a professional. I have interviewed for jobs in the past & have never had to wait two months to get a response-my time is just as important as theirs!! I will never waste another minute with this company!

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from training here at BCBS?   1 Answer