Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.6

Health and Wellness Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flowood, MS

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi (Flowood, MS).

Interview

Apply online. If they like what you have to offer you will be sent a multitude of aptitude test to gauge your knowledge. Then offered if they like you after the interview

Information Security Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi in August 2017.

Interview

The job I applied for was posted in April, I applied in late May stating the intent to finish college and did so in July. During those 2 months, I heard nothing from them, so I went to their local office to find out the status of my application. I found out they did not have my resume on file. I can clearly see they received it from my online application. I received a phone call later the same day from the head of HR, giving me several assessments to take for the next step in the interview. I finished and returned the assessments the same day. I heard nothing for a week and called to see if I could find out the status of my application. I went in 5 days after my call, left my name asking for an update on my application status. I was once again ignored by their HR department. Its now September and almost 4 weeks since then with no contact.

This company is the definition of unprofessional and I highly recommend not wasting your time here.

Interview Questions

• General questions over the phone about position and related work done in school. Then fill out 4 different assessments, writing, reading, general comprehension and basic mathematics.   1 Answer

Incoming Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flowood, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi (Flowood, MS).

Interview

It was long, three interviews over 30 days. Not much feedback during the process. In my opinion it took entirely too long to finish. I was grateful to get the interview so soon after college

Provider Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi.

Interview

The hiring process took a couple of months. The interview process was an overall good one. I had a phone interview and then a face to face interview a week later. After the face to face interview, the HR manager took me on a tour of the campus and answered any questions I had that were not answered in the interview. Everyone I encountered were very nice.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flowood, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi (Flowood, MS).

Interview

Brief conversation asking me about my technical background and education. They described what the job involved and how the team functioned. Described what I would be working on. I was interviewed by 3 different individuals (manager and 2 co-workers on the team). I was also given a brief tour of the facilities.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi.

Interview

Applied, got a call about 2 weeks later for an initial screening for interview during their campus visit. Had an interview at School, followed by an onsite visit. First interview was with HR representative and 2 developers. Site visit involved interviewing with HR Manager followed by Software Director. Pretty straight forward questions.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flowood, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi (Flowood, MS) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied online through the Blue Cross Blue Shield website and was contacted a few days later wanting a phone interview. A few days later I conducted a phone interview basically asking about my resume. After that I was sent an aptitude test and a writing assignment ( They wanted to know if I could think logically and write appropriately). One week later I had an onsite interview with 2 software developers asking questions about my experiences with different programming languages.

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi (Jackson, MS) in April 2012.

Interview

The company had me answer basic questions and take online personality and intelligence tests.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flowood, MS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi (Flowood, MS) in March 2011.

Interview

Average interview questions, like most call center jobs, you will have a mock phone call on your final interview, 3 in all, where a manager will have you study their website and then ask you as if they were a customer calling needing assistance navigating it. If you have common sense and can read, you can pass this.

Interview Questions

• If you were to receive this position, where do you see yourself with Blue Cross in the 5 years.   1 Answer
    • What does Customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation no matter what your degree level, you are paid the same 30,000 I only have a bachelors degree but I sat next to people with masters degree and we made the same amount.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi (Jackson, MS) in February 2011.

Interview

They gave me the job and then did a background check and had me take a hair drug test. They also contacted my previous employers before hiring me. They are very strict and are serious about their policies and procedures. For instance, you are only allowed one personal item on your desk.