Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (Omaha, NE) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, who reviewed my applicable work history, asked a couple behavioral questions, and explained the role very well. Very positive experience. Invited in to meet one-on-one with hiring manager, who conducted well-balanced interview and made me feel comfortable. Recruiter kept me posted on the process two days later and then called the next week with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is one part of your current role you are passionate about   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (Omaha, NE) in March 2017.

Interview

They contacted me through email and set up a face-to-face interview. I came in the building and it required check-in with your ID. The process was pretty easy, simple questions, they will have a little accounting quiz at the end. It was more like a talk rather than an interview, which makes thing more relaxed. Even though they commented that they were impressed by my experience, I didn't get the offer because I didn't have as much skills and experience (?)

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (Omaha, NE) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online and about a month later received a phone call to setup a phone interview. The phone interview was what you would expect during a screening process. The interviewer was really nice and great to talk to. Once we talked about the actual position it sounded like it had been posted off and on. The actual face to face interview was with several people in a small room and had a good conversation. They kept warning me about how the job had been posted for a while. I was really interested in the position despite the warnings. After the interview that was the last I heard until about three weeks later when I received a rejection email. Not really sure what was up, the job posting is back. I guess they wanted something very specific.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Walk me through your first month.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (Omaha, NE).

Interview

Go through a couple of rounds including a phone screening, a fit interview and a mock facilitation session with a group. Good follow-up throughout the process. Job offers are contingent on a drug screening and background check.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (Omaha, NE) in April 2015.

Interview

the interview was 1:1. It followed the standard protocol where the hiring manager asked me to describe my background and answer some questions related to the role. Then, we discussed data. My experience and skills related to retrieving and organizing data. A final question was why should they choose me for the role.

Interview Questions

• what kind of data information would be helpful to understand patient health?   Answer Question

Software Developer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (Omaha, NE) in May 2012.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks to complete. I worked as a contractor with the same team, and was asked to convert to a full time position, but I still had to complete the outside hiring process.
    1.5 weeks after applying, HR performed a pre-screening call and then tried to setup a phone interview with the manager (we did it in their office instead).
    3 days later I interviewed with the team.
    3 days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your 5 year career goals   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (Omaha, NE) in January 2011.

Interview

Submit resume online. One one face to face interview, with three different individuals. Call back with job offer. The entire process took around 2-3 weeks. Things moved quickly was resume was submitted.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you worked collaboratively in a previous job   1 Answer

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (Omaha, NE) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied online to posted postion, this was followed by a request to take a typing, ten key, and personality test. Everyone was very friendly, including the guard at front. (Which was a first). The interview was with the Supervisor of the department and a "lead". Interview was about 30 minutes and they went over the postion. The supervisor did not have a lot of skills for interviewing. She talked very quietly and it was hard to intergect with my skills.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work did you do in the past?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (Omaha, NE) in June 2009.

Interview

Great

Interview Questions

• When you have to choose between what is right as a person and what makes the best sense businessly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

great

IS Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska in May 2011.

Interview

Applied online after another employee referred me. Phone interview since not local. Then an onsite interview. Was offered job shortly after and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most difficult person you worked with and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

PTO not negotiable.