Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Interview Questions in Chapel Hill, NC | Glassdoor

Social Media Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

I had a 3-step interview. Step one was a phone interview with talent acquisition. Step two was a phone interview with the hiring manager, and step three was an in-person interview with the hiring manager, the department director, and another manager from the department.

For each step, they asked STAR questions, Situation, Task, Activity and Result. In other words, they would ask for a scenario where I had to resolve a conflict with a coworker or customer. I would answer by providing the situation, what was required of me, what I actually did, and the result of the situation. I actually prefer this kind of questioning as it gives a clear structure to the interview process and helps both the interviewer and interviewee focus on results-oriented questioning. Even if the company isn't using this method for interviewing, I would recommend using STAR to respond to their questions.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time when you had a conflict with a coworker, and how you dealt with that situation?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by face-to-face. If you made it past the phone screening, you were invited to speak to either one or more persons face to face. The face t face consisted primarily on discussing past experiences in specific situations d how I dealt with them.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with major change in your organization   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in December 2010.

Interview

Culture: Highly political
    People: Friendly
    Office: Nice

They use the STAR format, Situation, Approach, Result. Interviewed with four people for one hour each. Advice - practice stating a situation in 1 min, the approach you took to solve the problem or issue in 2 min (step by step) and the positive result in 1 min.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict between team members   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your team?   1 Answer

Communications Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, NC) in November 2009.

Interview

BCBSNC does "target selection" interviews, which consist of a bunch of situational questions. Some folks stick to it, and others do not. I found the canned questions to be incredibly silly, but I appreciated the subsequent questions and conversation I had with my manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. I negotiated. They came to me with an incredibly low offer. I turned it down, and they came back to ask me how much I needed. Ultimately, I got what I asked for.