Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Winston-Salem, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

Simple and quick. They used the star process to interview you. The interviewer were Down to earth.....saw a lot of people come in with piercings and they were walked out. Do not come in and talk to people that you know work there. It is not a good look and it is also a fast way to not get you the job

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to be apart of our team   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC).

Interview

Was called in for a phone interview and then asked to come in for a interview. Interviewed with 2 separate people and then later asked to come in for a third interview which was a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you made a promise to a customer and how did you keep that promise?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered a position but later told that the business needs had changed and didn't get the position.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

I applied on line and got a call back in 30 days. HR Rep did not leave her name or call back number. She called at random times and I missed the call each time. I got an email requesting a face-to-face interview. I met with a team lead, an HR and a manager within a two hour period. A week later I was invited to am open house that I did not attend because I was out of state. They started checking my personal and professional references. 10 days from the interview date I was called and offered the position. The offer letter came via email and I had to take a drug test with in 24 hours of receiving the offer. The position is contingent on passing the drug and background check.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were situational, very easy. ie Tell me about a time when you had an idea and you had to convince others.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no room for negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in March 2010.

Interview

After filling out an application it took a few months for a phone call. Once I got a phone call for the first interview the process only took 30 days from interviews, tours, drug test and background screening, and offered the job. If you're interviewing make sure you are confident, customer driven and willing to go the extra mile.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses and what will prevent them from hindering you with a job with us?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you over someone else with the same skills?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate. Either you accept the offer or you don't.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in January 2009.

Interview

Apply online, phone interview, group interview, open house, selection.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer and how you diffused the situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in July 2011.

Interview

Used employer's website to apply for customer service job. Completion of employment application took 30 minutes and also downloaded resume to company. Made arrangements for skills testing. Skill testing consisted of typing test, memory test, accuracy, basic math solutions. Testing lasted 2 hours. If you passed all parts, you would be interviewed. Interviewed for 1 hour. Informed that I would be contacted for 2nd interview within 2 weeks. Inquired about the 2nd interview and was informed that all of the positions had been filled.
    No job offer would be forthcoming.

Interview Questions

• How many customers could I assist within an hour that were asking for several different things during their call?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in May 2009.

Interview

Behavioral interview.