Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Customer Service Professional Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very unprofessional. There were a total of six applicants that were taken in a room to watch a video from the CEO. We then had the opportunity to ask questions with an customer service professional that had been with the company nearly 2years. Each applicant were called out of the room one at a time to interview with 2 other customer service professionals. It seems as if the company lets the employees conduct the interviews instead of managers and/ or supervisors. My interview was with a team leader & another employee that worked on the same team. The team leader was VERY unprofessional. She was yawning & paying more attention what was going on outside of he room instead of focusing on me. Received an email saying that I wasn't selected a few hours( not days) after the interview was over. I have never had such a negative experience during an interview than I had a BSBCNC. Now I see why the turn over rate is so high & the customer service is horrible.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. How was the situation handled and what was the result.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC).

Interview

This was the most tedious interview I have ever been on my life. Stay away from these people. I believe that they are a bunch of racist group of people. They took me back to watch a movie (six potential applicants) who are known as "greeters," and they give an opportunity to ask questions with other CSRs. Needless to say, the greeters, the CSRs, and the two team leads that completed my interview were all African American.

Interview Questions

• Name a policy that you did not agree with from your previous employer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Fayetteville, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I went through three interviews over a span of about three weeks. The first two were phone interviews and the last was an in-person interview. There is no reason not to be prepared for these as they email you all of the questions you should anticipate and instructions on how to answer in STAR Format. My in-person interview included a 30-minute presentation with a Q&A at the end and it was panel-style - two managers at a table with me in a room with about six other people interviewing for the same job, each of them with two managers or team leaders of their own. I found the interviews incredibly easy since my recruiters helped to prepare me. They were all very friendly and made me comfortable! Make eye contact when answering questions, be yourself, and ASK QUESTIONS at the end - they love that! The three I asked were: What is the most difficult task that your job presents you with? What career paths and advancement opportunities are available to me? What should I expect with the rest of the interview process? They called me the same day about 6 hours after my interview to offer me the job. Sometimes they have 3 or 4 sets of interviews scheduled in the same day so be patient because they has to meet all candidates before they can call you with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was not pleased with what you did. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC).

Interview

I applied online and it took so long for them to get back to me that I forgot I had applied. I did a quick interview on the phone and then had someone reach out to me via email to set up an in-person interview. The in person interview took a few hours. I met with three different people and it's targeted selection, so it can be very formal. If you pass those interviews, they will email you in a day or two to come back for an open house where you will get a tour and speak with a current customer service professional. Beware, you do not have the job at this point. This is still a test. However, if you make it through the conversation (informal interview) with current customer service professional, then you will probably get an offer than night.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed and what did you do to fix it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

I apply online through a recruiter and they were very helpful in making my process very fast. Took one week in scheduling all my interviews. Did over the phone interview then was invited for an in person interview. Was interviewed by two people separately for my in person. Interview questions were all behavioral questions. First interviewer asked one question from each category. It was about seven categories. The second interviewer asked me two questions from the same categories but different questions. She selected the hardest questions. During my interview I was given a good feedback from first interviewer. Fifteen minutes after my interview was fully completed I receive a call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had difficulty completing a task? What you did and how it transpire?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to call out, what was the reason, what you did and the ending result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Fayetteville, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Long process. Online submission, phone interview and then personal interview. Having not interviewed in many years I was nervous. I knew that they used the STAR process and was prepared for that but my first interviewer would ask a question and while I was responding she was looking all around the room and seemed very distracted. Second interviewer was attentive and made me very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions. The oddest was the first..... Why Blue Cross?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Fayetteville, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied in August and finally interviewed in October. I felt that I am experienced and a well rounded person. I felt I answered all the questions appropriately and then I received an email stating that I was no longer being considered for a position. My question to BCBS is,so are you wanting to hire people without any experience and maybe people with no leadership qualities because it is obvious that you do not want people with a good work record and plenty of experience. What a waste of time. So glad I do have a job but I feel sorry for those who don't and waited this long to be told no.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all behavioral.How did you handle this or that......   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Fayetteville, NC).

Interview

I applied online for the new customer call center that will be opening in Fayetteville, NC. After that I was emailed a assessment test to complete. After that I received an email inviting me to interview at the FTCC gym. The interview started with to gentlemen giving us some overview of the company and how long the been work for BCBS, then we watched a video on the duties of a Customer Service Profession, after the video we had a short Q&A before we started our individual interview. The first interview was just basic question about how I handle stress in the work place and stuff like that then after that that I went on to interview with another person that asked similar question. I think the question where pretty easy and I enjoyed my interview. Shortly after that I receive another email, inviting me to a Open House at FTCC. The Open house was awesome we where introduced to the management, supervisors, trainers, and other customer service professional. They gave us some more info on BCBS, explain some benefits, and dress codes and the BCBS culture and mission statement. After that we was divided into small groups and had mini Q&A session with some customer service profession from the other call centers in Durham and Winston-Salem. After that the Open house was over, I thought I was going to know if I was hired or not but no they told us they would get in contact with us shortly if we are hired.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have any difficulties answering any of the question, they where straight forward.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied so long ago that I completely forgot I applied when the recruiter called me earlier this week. She asked if I could come in to interview the next day (7/2/14) & luckily I was available to. When I got there, there were like 20 other people there giving me the evil eye when I walked in the door. The heat was on but I am confident in myself and know what I have to offer. Like the other reviews said, we were all taken into a room to watch a few videos, we were able to ask the 2 CSP's who were guiding us a few questions, and then we were taken back to the lobby to wait for our first interviewer. We had a total of 2 people interviewing us and asking behavioral questions. Each asked me 4-5 questions and then I was swapped over to the next person. When my final interview was over, she told me that I should be hearing back soon. I am still waiting and was only interviewed yesterday. **UPDATE: It is now 7/6/14 & I was interviewed on 7/2/14. I received an email today that indicated that they chose someone else. I am completely shocked because I have the experience AND more than enough education. Maybe it was because of that DRY 2nd interviewer (Star) who couldn't even read the interview questions to me clearly...I really don't know. But this is the second time this has happened, so I won't ever waste my time applying here again. I'm so grateful I have 4 other job offers on the table.**

Interview Questions

• It's difficult to answer this question because on each page of the interview paper they write on, there are 4 questions that the interviewer can ask you. He/She just chooses the one THEY want to ask per page. You just have to be sure that you can give great, specific examples. And you also have to PRAY that you have someone interviewing you that is actually listening & not distracted/preoccupied like my 2nd interviewer was. Otherwise, WHO KNOWS what answers they are writing down. You may not got the job just like me when you know you have more than enough health insurance call center experience or education.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Fayetteville, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for the new Fayetteville location online and at the job fair held here in June. I was called back for an interview with 2 different people in July. The interviews were held in a gymnasium at FTCC, and I was told that over 1200 people applied, but only 44 were being selected. Not great odds. But I was confident, because I have 7 years of healthcare experience AND I have worked in a call center before. But apparently none of that matters here, only how you can answer 4 very confusing "behavioral" questions that quite frankly don't really apply to the job. They never asked any personal questions about me or my previous work. I am very surprised and disappointed at their hiring process. If you can make up 4 good stories, you have a shot.

Interview Questions

• What departmental processes changes did you find difficult to adhere to?   Answer Question