Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very unprofessional. There were a total of six applicants that were taken in a room to watch a video from the CEO. We then had the opportunity to ask questions with an customer service professional that had been with the company nearly 2years. Each applicant were called out of the room one at a time to interview with 2 other customer service professionals. It seems as if the company lets the employees conduct the interviews instead of managers and/ or supervisors. My interview was with a team leader & another employee that worked on the same team. The team leader was VERY unprofessional. She was yawning & paying more attention what was going on outside of he room instead of focusing on me. Received an email saying that I wasn't selected a few hours( not days) after the interview was over. I have never had such a negative experience during an interview than I had a BSBCNC. Now I see why the turn over rate is so high & the customer service is horrible.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. How was the situation handled and what was the result.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.

Interview

I got the phone interview a long time after online application. The first phone interview is with the actuarial director. It is just a general go-through-resume interview. Even though I did not get the change to next round, I still think it is a not hard phone interview

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.

Interview

Applied online, it took about a month for initial contact to do phone screen with hiring manager.
    After informal phone interview with hiring manager there was about a 3 week period before I received an invite for onsite interview.
    On-site lasted 3 hours and consisted of 3 separate interviews with 3 separate managers.
    Technical and non-technical questions, although you may have the skills cultural fit is very important.
    After the interview HR contacted me within 3 days to make offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC).

Interview

This was the most tedious interview I have ever been on my life. Stay away from these people. I believe that they are a bunch of racist group of people. They took me back to watch a movie (six potential applicants) who are known as "greeters," and they give an opportunity to ask questions with other CSRs. Needless to say, the greeters, the CSRs, and the two team leads that completed my interview were all African American.

Interview Questions

• Name a policy that you did not agree with from your previous employer.   Answer Question

Clinical Informatics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through a recruiter; process took 2 months. Answered preliminary questions via email, had phone interview with hiring manager, they flew me in for onsite interview - a series of 4 interview meetings; one last phone interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• The panel interviews were a series of targeted interview questions: tell me about a time when you had to meet a tight deadline   1 Answer

Technical Writer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

Very simple; had an interview with the recruiter on the phone and then met with one person (my now boss) at blue cross blue shield NC for 20 minutes. Very engaging questions; I genuinely enjoyed the conversation.

Interview Questions

• What is your process for creating new documentation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Fayetteville, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I went through three interviews over a span of about three weeks. The first two were phone interviews and the last was an in-person interview. There is no reason not to be prepared for these as they email you all of the questions you should anticipate and instructions on how to answer in STAR Format. My in-person interview included a 30-minute presentation with a Q&A at the end and it was panel-style - two managers at a table with me in a room with about six other people interviewing for the same job, each of them with two managers or team leaders of their own. I found the interviews incredibly easy since my recruiters helped to prepare me. They were all very friendly and made me comfortable! Make eye contact when answering questions, be yourself, and ASK QUESTIONS at the end - they love that! The three I asked were: What is the most difficult task that your job presents you with? What career paths and advancement opportunities are available to me? What should I expect with the rest of the interview process? They called me the same day about 6 hours after my interview to offer me the job. Sometimes they have 3 or 4 sets of interviews scheduled in the same day so be patient because they has to meet all candidates before they can call you with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was not pleased with what you did. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

BCBSNC was super flexible with my interview process and start date. I applied in May, had my initial phone call in June and interviewed early July. I pushed my start date to August 8 so I could fulfill some other personal items before starting. I had 4 1-hour interviews, each with 4 questions. My interviewers were kind, professional and really put me at ease.

Interview Questions

• How have you used metrics in one of your projects before to make strategic decisions?   1 Answer

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process took too long. I had four interviews over a span of four months. I interviewed with two people at a time over a 3 hour period. Management pretended that they wanted to hire me but never did. I was given the run around for four months. I was not impressed was the Audit management since they had not respect for my time.

Interview Questions

• They also ask scenario type questions without really getting to know the person or their skills.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was very informative. After watching a video concerning the company we are able to have Q&A with another seasoned representative to better explain the job and the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the most difficult customer you have ever dealt with.   1 Answer