Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

First round was on the phone, pretty straight forward. Talked for about 30 minutes and the guy was very easy going and talkative (not HR, was actually the guy I'm going to be interning for). Then got called in for an in person interview and it was the same man and his coworker. Both very friendly, didn't feel like a one way thing.

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process took too long. I had four interviews over a span of four months. I interviewed with two people at a time over a 3 hour period. Management pretended that they wanted to hire me but never did. I was given the run around for four months. I was not impressed was the Audit management since they had not respect for my time.

Interview Questions

• They also ask scenario type questions without really getting to know the person or their skills.   Answer Question

Clinical Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview with 2 pharmacists. Then a live interview with 2 pharmacists. The questions were pretty comprehensive, but I decided to be very positive about the interview because I really wanted the job. They did offer me the job- it was very intense/stressful but the other staff & the supervisor/Ryan was excellent to work with. It was great to work from home & in the office. The expected surge in new clients did not occur-so I was dropped. I hope they hire me back when their next work season starts in Nov 2017.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about pharmacy?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, followed by targeted selection interview with the department director, plus interview with hiring manager and peers. I really appreciated the chance to meet with future peers. Everyone was incredibly honest and did not hesitate to give me the warts-and-all story. I feel like I was able to make me decision with eyes wide open.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC).

Interview

Applied for a position, and received an e-mail saying that position's already filled. Then referred me for another position. Then, HR called to set up phone interviews with a group and series of interviews followeed up

Interview Questions

• Number of years of experience   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina.

Interview

Applied online, it took about a month for initial contact to do phone screen with hiring manager.
    After informal phone interview with hiring manager there was about a 3 week period before I received an invite for onsite interview.
    On-site lasted 3 hours and consisted of 3 separate interviews with 3 separate managers.
    Technical and non-technical questions, although you may have the skills cultural fit is very important.
    After the interview HR contacted me within 3 days to make offer

Intake Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC).

Interview

I was given a over the phone interview as well a two part in person interview. During the two part interview I had two interviews. The process was long, but they made it very comfortable and as well informative.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call a month or so later asking me to come in for a final interview even though I never had an initial interview. Pretty easy interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in April 2012.

Interview

Very Standard. Phone round and in person round.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Intern-no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Raleigh, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

2 interviews, one on campus and one on site. First interview was on campus with a recruiter and a specialist. They gave me a job description, it was very laid-back. 2nd interview was on site. Lots of behavioral questions, was asked about previous experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a there was a set salary

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina in February 2015.

Interview

We talked about my resume and asked if there was anything I wanted to elaborate on. He also asked behavioral questions. The interviewer was pretty laid back and used a script to ask questions. He was a recent college graduate so he understood that interviews can be a little bit stressful.