Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

First round was on the phone, pretty straight forward. Talked for about 30 minutes and the guy was very easy going and talkative (not HR, was actually the guy I'm going to be interning for). Then got called in for an in person interview and it was the same man and his coworker. Both very friendly, didn't feel like a one way thing.

Interview Questions

• 2 strengths 2 weaknesses, tell about a time I analyzed data and gave a recommendation and how did I go about that process, tell about a time you had to work on a team but failed, tell about a time when you had to use time management, why BCBS and specifically that internship.   Answer Question

Customer Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Fayetteville, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

My placement was done through a staffing agency--Spectraforce--via a referral. I had previously taken the BCBS assessment and passed, so they were just able to pull my results. I spoke with the recruiter first and did a phone interview with her (June 26). It was moreso about my availability and just basic interview questions. It lasted all of 3-5 minutes. I was then scheduled to do a phone interview with the account manager for BCBSNC. I was given a list of questions that she may ask so that I would be fully prepared. I did my interview with the account manager and that lasted about 5 minutes (July 5). She then wanted to schedule me for the final interview which is the face-to-face interview with BCBS representatives. My face-to-face was scheduled for July 10th. The staffing agency sent a list of questions that you may be asked during the face-to-face interview. BCBS uses the STAR format for interviewing, so make sure you avoid using, "we", "us", etc. They want to know what task YOU did in a situation and what was the outcome. I study the handout like it was a homework assignment!! LOL..I pulled situations from each of my jobs and wrote them out in the STAR format. This really helped, because when I was asked questions, I was able to easily transition to talking about the situation without pausing or using filler words--"hmmm".

It was a group interview with 5 other people. I assume they do it that way not only to maximize the amount of interviewees they can see all at once, but to see if you may be easily distracted by background noise which you'll encounter in a service center environment. I interviewed with a team lead and a current CSP. The interview lasted about 30 minutes total. I spent 15-20 minutes doing the face-to-face interview. The interviewers are taking notes during the process. They advised that they were going outside to compare notes and someone would be in to inform me what to do next. A young lady came in and advised me to walk to the stage and speak with another interviewer. This interviewer informed me that I had been chosen to move forward. She asked me some additional questions. They were behavioral based questions.."Do you work well alone or do you work better in groups"?

I received my offer letter from the staffing agency the next day with a start date 8-14-17.

The staffing agency does placement for the center in Fayetteville, NC.

I've just completed my first week of training and I am completely loving it so far!! Everyone at my location is wonderful. You really get a family feel when you walk in there.

**I am a contractor and we have a 6 month assignment which is subject to be extended and turned into FTE based on business needs. **

Interview Questions

• 1) Customers can be very demanding. Tell me about a time when you had to manage a customer’s expectations in order to avoid an unreasonable commitment.

2) Tell me about a situation in which you had to adjust quickly to a significant change in organization, department, or team priorities. How did the change affect you? What did you do?

3) Can you describe a situation in which you had difficulty getting along with someone at work or school? How did you handle it?

4) Sometimes we have to work under new policies or procedures we don’t agree with. Tell me about the last time you disagreed with a new policy or procedure. How did you respond?   Answer Question

Business Operations Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

This interview process took forever and was very strange. I was called by someone in HR to tell me the hiring manager wanted to schedule a phone call. I spoke with him and he moved everything forward to an in person interview. The morning of the interview, I had a phone call with the boss of the hiring manager who really just wanted to chat and make small talk more than anything. Once I arrived for the in person, I met with someone else from a different department to conduct the formal, pre-selected question interview where nothing was organic or very comfortable. Then I met with an HR person for standard HR info and questions. The next portion was with the hiring manager and it was supposed to be very informal. He was nothing like he was on the phone and had just arrived back in town from a conference and seemed to have zero interest in speaking with me. The final portion was with a panel of coworkers and people that hold similar positions. They were nice but only one person was present and the others were on the phone and that was a bit awkward. Overall, the process went on far too long as they made a decision 2.5 weeks after I interviewed in person and I was told I was the third out of four people to interview for the position.

The most annoying part is that I asked for an update at the end of the second week after my in person interview and they told me they would hopefully have a decision later that week. Then I received a generic email within 24 hours saying they chose someone else. The process was inconsiderate of those interviewing with multiple companies and the responses of the staff when asked seemed calculated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with change (in great detail), and how you handled that, and what you learned from it...   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC).

Interview

Applied for a position, and received an e-mail saying that position's already filled. Then referred me for another position. Then, HR called to set up phone interviews with a group and series of interviews followeed up

Interview Questions

• Number of years of experience   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call a month or so later asking me to come in for a final interview even though I never had an initial interview. Pretty easy interview.

Clinical Informatics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

One phone interview, one on-campus, and one on-site interview. The on-campus and on-site interview had some behavioral questions. They mostly asked about my previous experience and certain things on my resume.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

It wasnt tough. was a two round phone screen and it was just behavioral questions. they also gave me an assignment o do which wasnt too tough either. overall not much of a tedious or tough process

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

I got a call from HR 1st pretty basic about your experience and interest in the company. Next phone interview with the hiring manager he went a little more into the role and asked more detailed questions. Pretty much personality and competency. Next brought in for a three hour 4 round interview. 1st with the hiring manager, his counterpart, and then members of his team. They use targeted selection interview method used the STAR method to answer. Was told I was over qualified but why bring me in for an interview they saw my resume...by the way I wasn't.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Winston-Salem, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

A telephone interview after you complete the application. If you get past that interview then they will schedule for a face to face interview if you get pass the phone interview ..you will interview with some form of management, it may not be in the department that you are being interviewed for ..then a drug test if offered a position

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went over and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Clinical Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Durham, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview with 2 pharmacists. Then a live interview with 2 pharmacists. The questions were pretty comprehensive, but I decided to be very positive about the interview because I really wanted the job. They did offer me the job- it was very intense/stressful but the other staff & the supervisor/Ryan was excellent to work with. It was great to work from home & in the office. The expected surge in new clients did not occur-so I was dropped. I hope they hire me back when their next work season starts in Nov 2017.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about pharmacy?   1 Answer