Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa Park, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Iowa Park, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was set-up for Mon @1PM they then stated that I needed to take some tests. I have been in this industry since I was 14 yrs. old so I thought okay I have worked here before it cannot have changed much. I was wrong and found out through email that I had not passed the test and so there would not be an interview. I found this out 30 minutes AFTER 1PM.

Interview Questions

• What were my reasons for leaving last job.   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas in February 2017.

Interview

Had contact with three recruiters to set up interview. Had a 90 minute interview with six people. That was a month ago and never heard another word from them. No email, no call, no "dear John." :)

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Wichita Falls, TX).

Interview

There was an initial phone interview that lasted approximately 45 minutes. After you make it through that interview, you go in to take a typing test, that is basically making sure you can type, use ten key, and find errors. After you make it past that part you go in for an interview with 2-3 of the management team.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with quotas and if so how did you do and what did you do to continue to improve your numbers?   Answer Question

Phone Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was ok I did not find the questions relevant to the position.The young lady was a little late but well prepared.She was also pleasant and comforting.They can do a little better next time with the process.

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Response

Jun 13, 2017 – HR Officer

I believe this has been left on the wrong company profile as we are Blue Cross for Pets which is an animal charity based in the UK.

Supervisor Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX).

Interview

General conversation with HR recruiter, followed by interview with Manager and other team members for more detailed experience and skills assessment, then the final follow-up with HR to complete the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked both technical detailed questions related to their posted role and responsibilities and the asked behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Wichita Falls, TX).

Interview

Online test prior to interview, phone interview, followed by panel interview. Online skills test was timed and based on math skills, common sense, and prompt based communication skills. Phone interview was set up like a typical interview. Panel interview was with three people and they all alternated on asking typical interview questions.

Assistant Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas.

Interview

I applied through my university and got an interview after two weeks. There were a few math and behavioral questions. The managers were friendly throughout the whole process and provided helpful tips about their careers as well as promotion opportunities. They were interested in how you would behave during certain situations including solving conflicts or working under a time constraint.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. In addition to the typical questions you would expect from any interview, a written test is given. The test focuses on spelling, grammar and basic marketing skills. The interview process begins with a phone interview and follows up with two face-to-face interviews at the Blue Cross and Blue Shield headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in the health insurance industry before?   Answer Question

Senior Actuarial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Reached out by a recruiter. Had a phone interview and was asked to do a face to face interview. Had an interview with 6 people followed by lunch. In my interviews, I got a very bad atmosphere of their morale. People I talked to hated their job. One even went as far as to tell me, "get out even before you join, I am trying to." Their client analytics team is short staffed and everyone looks like they are pulling off their hair.

UM Care Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Online application; received call from hiring manager within a little over a week; completed background check and drug testing; had onsite face to face interview with 2 hiring managers within 2 weeks; interview about 45 minutes long; personable, relaxed atmosphere; received overview of job requirements, benefits, training, business atmosphere and tour of facility. Was allotted plenty of opportunities to ask questions. Received call back from hiring manager with job offer within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• How do you function in a fast pasted production environment with frequent process changes?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a recent job related conflict?   Answer Question
    • What assets do you feel you would bring to our company?   Answer Question