Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.6

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas in February 2014.

Interview

This was the most painful process getting through to an interview I've ever experienced! Over 3 months from start till offer to get into the door? The recruiter for this position was so non-responsive to my requests, I ended up chasing him instead of vice versa. In addition, his verbal offer did not correspond correctly to the written offer and subsequently to the one passed through to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related on what my project management skills were for typical project scenarios.   Answer Question

Assistant Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas.

Interview

I applied through my university and got an interview after two weeks. There were a few math and behavioral questions. The managers were friendly throughout the whole process and provided helpful tips about their careers as well as promotion opportunities. They were interested in how you would behave during certain situations including solving conflicts or working under a time constraint.

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

On-site interview with Manager and a team member. Went through resume. Spoke about responsibilities in last project. Spoke about team environment, project timeline. Spoke about feasibility of certain requirements. They made me feel comfortable and interview was more of discussion than technical questions.

Interview Questions

• DBMS & .Net basics, situation questions, showed screenshots of error and asked me to identify what the error is about   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas in February 2017.

Interview

Had contact with three recruiters to set up interview. Had a 90 minute interview with six people. That was a month ago and never heard another word from them. No email, no call, no "dear John." :)

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Wichita Falls, TX).

Interview

There was an initial phone interview that lasted approximately 45 minutes. After you make it through that interview, you go in to take a typing test, that is basically making sure you can type, use ten key, and find errors. After you make it past that part you go in for an interview with 2-3 of the management team.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with quotas and if so how did you do and what did you do to continue to improve your numbers?   Answer Question

Phone Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was ok I did not find the questions relevant to the position.The young lady was a little late but well prepared.She was also pleasant and comforting.They can do a little better next time with the process.

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Response

Jun 13, 2017 – HR Officer

I believe this has been left on the wrong company profile as we are Blue Cross for Pets which is an animal charity based in the UK.

Supervisor Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX).

Interview

General conversation with HR recruiter, followed by interview with Manager and other team members for more detailed experience and skills assessment, then the final follow-up with HR to complete the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked both technical detailed questions related to their posted role and responsibilities and the asked behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshall, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Marshall, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

After submitting the application online an email containing a link was sent to me. The link was to a personality quiz. First there are a set of tests that must be completed. If you pass the tests you will be called to have an interview scheduled.

Interview Questions

• If a customer calls you with an issue that that you can not resolve, what would you do?   1 Answer

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Wichita Falls, TX).

Interview

Online test prior to interview, phone interview, followed by panel interview. Online skills test was timed and based on math skills, common sense, and prompt based communication skills. Phone interview was set up like a typical interview. Panel interview was with three people and they all alternated on asking typical interview questions.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. In addition to the typical questions you would expect from any interview, a written test is given. The test focuses on spelling, grammar and basic marketing skills. The interview process begins with a phone interview and follows up with two face-to-face interviews at the Blue Cross and Blue Shield headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in the health insurance industry before?   Answer Question