Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.6

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Length of time from submitting resume until recruiter contact - 1.5 months. Once I had the phone screen it was another month or so before I heard anything back.

During initial phone call (screen) w/recruiter they asked very basic questions and then said if I was looking to negotiate on salary to "forget it". That this was "not the type of position someone could come in and if they liked me they would offer more".

Bizarre thing to say to a candidate. I was then invited in for in person interviews and was a bit blindsided with the job requirements - which were totally different than what was posted.

Once I did go in for the in person interview it included very awkward tour and interactions with recruiter. Recruiter was not knowledgeable at all about the company, position or team.

When I asked questions the recruiter didn't know the answer to any. Basic questions like how large is the company? What are the goals for this role? How many people are on the team? What is the reporting structure? When I requested receipt of information I sent in follow up to the recruiter to share w/the hiring manager I received no response. Followed up multiple times with no response. I get that this is sometimes part of the process but after spending my time collecting information THEY requested, a confirmation of receipt would have been courteous.

I think if you are looking for a cutting edge company this is not it. If you are looking for a thorough and knowledgeable recruiter interaction you will not find it here. In my mind recruiters are part of the face of the company to new and perspective candidates and in this instance, it was not normal recruiter interaction.

Interview Questions

• When they totally change the job description on you be prepared.   1 Answer

Claims Processor Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas.

Interview

Hiring process is through Kelly Services. I did not go through an interview. I just walked in handed my resume and stated that I would like to work at BCBS. No testings or assessment was given.

Negotiation

No negotiation. At that time, base pay was $9.14 to start.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Dallas, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

It was very good as the interviewer had very clear view on what they want in the process. They were particular about what they needed in the person.The reuirement was for a person with database knowledge.

Interview Questions

• They asked for aperson who was willing to learn new things.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa Park, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Iowa Park, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was set-up for Mon @1PM they then stated that I needed to take some tests. I have been in this industry since I was 14 yrs. old so I thought okay I have worked here before it cannot have changed much. I was wrong and found out through email that I had not passed the test and so there would not be an interview. I found this out 30 minutes AFTER 1PM.

Interview Questions

• What were my reasons for leaving last job.   1 Answer

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

First received an email from a recruiter w/ the full Job Description (something I insist upon), then a phone interview w/ said recruiter. High banter re: how my skills and work history match client's (BCBS) needs for the role. Recruiter reported his findings to client, who expressed a desire to meet me f2f. Recruiter called me w/ a set date/time to meet at client location. Met w/ the Project Mgr and Dept Mgr I'd be working with, altogether in small conf room. Comfortable mutual conversation regarding duties/responsibilities, and (warmly) similar work history to the Project Mgr I'd work alongside. Intuition told me it went well, and I was promised a second interview before departure that day. However, a week later the agency let me know BCBS "hired from within". Sometimes that's code for "we changed our mind", but considering the size of the company, maybe it was legit.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or surprising "think on your feet" questions at all - just straightforward questions detailing my skill set and chatter about my proposed future contribution to the Team.   Answer Question

UM Care Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Online application; received call from hiring manager within a little over a week; completed background check and drug testing; had onsite face to face interview with 2 hiring managers within 2 weeks; interview about 45 minutes long; personable, relaxed atmosphere; received overview of job requirements, benefits, training, business atmosphere and tour of facility. Was allotted plenty of opportunities to ask questions. Received call back from hiring manager with job offer within 24 hours.

Interview Questions

• How do you function in a fast pasted production environment with frequent process changes?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a recent job related conflict?   Answer Question
    • What assets do you feel you would bring to our company?   Answer Question

Customer Advocate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas in May 2014.

Interview

Applied Online, Call from recruiter to go over pay and job description, interviewed with two individuals and also answered some customer service questions prior to speaking with the two individuals who interviewed me. Got a call and email with job offer

RN Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I got interviewed as a temp employee then after 3 months was offered a position to be interviewed for a permanent position, the first interview when I applied as a temp was with the senior manager, she was very accommodating and welcoming, asked me about my strengths weaknesses and how can i describe myself as a part of the team, 2nd interview for a permanent position, nothing really different, it was just a formality.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you dealt with an upset customer/patient in the past   Answer Question

Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Received a call that the manager want to meet in person at the campus and it went really well. Very laid back and the manager was extremely easy to talk to.

Distribution Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Looked at Job Board at the company, filled out application, onsite, was told it would be 2 weeks before they would contact me, if I qualified.
    So I waited for a phone call. Got call, set up a interview.
    It was a one on one type interview, no hard questions, of course this was just a entry level job, mailroom, distribution supply stuff.
    So I don't think I would qualify for a company car on my first day.

Interview Questions

• The usaual stuff, what kind of experience do you have, what would you do in certain situations.
      This was just a filling a mail robot, and deliver stock supplies, so there wasn't that many questions to answer.   1 Answer