Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

On-site interview with Manager and a team member. Went through resume. Spoke about responsibilities in last project. Spoke about team environment, project timeline. Spoke about feasibility of certain requirements. They made me feel comfortable and interview was more of discussion than technical questions.

Interview Questions

• DBMS & .Net basics, situation questions, showed screenshots of error and asked me to identify what the error is about   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa Park, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Iowa Park, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was set-up for Mon @1PM they then stated that I needed to take some tests. I have been in this industry since I was 14 yrs. old so I thought okay I have worked here before it cannot have changed much. I was wrong and found out through email that I had not passed the test and so there would not be an interview. I found this out 30 minutes AFTER 1PM.

Interview Questions

• What were my reasons for leaving last job.   1 Answer

Trainer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas in February 2017.

Interview

Had contact with three recruiters to set up interview. Had a 90 minute interview with six people. That was a month ago and never heard another word from them. No email, no call, no "dear John." :)

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Abilene, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was a lot of role playing and general customer service questions. There were a few potential employees in a main room. We completed a few documents and questionnaires while supervisors came in one by one and grabbed one person at a time. We each waited our turn in the main room. Once you were taken by a supervisor into another room, that's when the interview process began. Typical back and forth banter with a lot of questions and note taking by management. Nothing was out of the ordinary as far as what to expect. This is an inbound call center and a CSA'S role is to handle customer inquires, payments, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain to a customer that their dependent did not qualify for a benefit under their health insurance plan?   1 Answer

Distribution Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Looked at Job Board at the company, filled out application, onsite, was told it would be 2 weeks before they would contact me, if I qualified.
    So I waited for a phone call. Got call, set up a interview.
    It was a one on one type interview, no hard questions, of course this was just a entry level job, mailroom, distribution supply stuff.
    So I don't think I would qualify for a company car on my first day.

Interview Questions

• The usaual stuff, what kind of experience do you have, what would you do in certain situations.
      This was just a filling a mail robot, and deliver stock supplies, so there wasn't that many questions to answer.   1 Answer

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Wichita Falls, TX).

Interview

There was an initial phone interview that lasted approximately 45 minutes. After you make it through that interview, you go in to take a typing test, that is basically making sure you can type, use ten key, and find errors. After you make it past that part you go in for an interview with 2-3 of the management team.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with quotas and if so how did you do and what did you do to continue to improve your numbers?   Answer Question

Phone Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Dallas, TX).

Interview

It was ok I did not find the questions relevant to the position.The young lady was a little late but well prepared.She was also pleasant and comforting.They can do a little better next time with the process.

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Response

Jun 13, 2017 – HR Officer

I believe this has been left on the wrong company profile as we are Blue Cross for Pets which is an animal charity based in the UK.

Supervisor Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX).

Interview

General conversation with HR recruiter, followed by interview with Manager and other team members for more detailed experience and skills assessment, then the final follow-up with HR to complete the process.

Interview Questions

• They asked both technical detailed questions related to their posted role and responsibilities and the asked behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marshall, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Marshall, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

After submitting the application online an email containing a link was sent to me. The link was to a personality quiz. First there are a set of tests that must be completed. If you pass the tests you will be called to have an interview scheduled.

Interview Questions

• If a customer calls you with an issue that that you can not resolve, what would you do?   1 Answer

Claims Examiner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita Falls, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Wichita Falls, TX).

Interview

Online test prior to interview, phone interview, followed by panel interview. Online skills test was timed and based on math skills, common sense, and prompt based communication skills. Phone interview was set up like a typical interview. Panel interview was with three people and they all alternated on asking typical interview questions.