Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Marketing Interview Questions

2.0

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. In addition to the typical questions you would expect from any interview, a written test is given. The test focuses on spelling, grammar and basic marketing skills. The interview process begins with a phone interview and follows up with two face-to-face interviews at the Blue Cross and Blue Shield headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in the health insurance industry before?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Length of time from submitting resume until recruiter contact - 1.5 months. Once I had the phone screen it was another month or so before I heard anything back.

During initial phone call (screen) w/recruiter they asked very basic questions and then said if I was looking to negotiate on salary to "forget it". That this was "not the type of position someone could come in and if they liked me they would offer more".

Bizarre thing to say to a candidate. I was then invited in for in person interviews and was a bit blindsided with the job requirements - which were totally different than what was posted.

Once I did go in for the in person interview it included very awkward tour and interactions with recruiter. Recruiter was not knowledgeable at all about the company, position or team.

When I asked questions the recruiter didn't know the answer to any. Basic questions like how large is the company? What are the goals for this role? How many people are on the team? What is the reporting structure? When I requested receipt of information I sent in follow up to the recruiter to share w/the hiring manager I received no response. Followed up multiple times with no response. I get that this is sometimes part of the process but after spending my time collecting information THEY requested, a confirmation of receipt would have been courteous.

I think if you are looking for a cutting edge company this is not it. If you are looking for a thorough and knowledgeable recruiter interaction you will not find it here. In my mind recruiters are part of the face of the company to new and perspective candidates and in this instance, it was not normal recruiter interaction.

Interview Questions

• When they totally change the job description on you be prepared.   1 Answer