Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Underwriting Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas Underwriting Assistant Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas.

Interview

I applied through my university and got an interview after two weeks. There were a few math and behavioral questions. The managers were friendly throughout the whole process and provided helpful tips about their careers as well as promotion opportunities. They were interested in how you would behave during certain situations including solving conflicts or working under a time constraint.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas

Assistant Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied in early March. They got back to me within a week and set up a face to face interview on their campus in Richardson.It was an interview with two senior underwriters. The questions were mostly behavioral except for 1 computational question which was performing a calculation without a pen and paper.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be and underwriter?
      What 3 qualities would you say are the most important for being an underwriter?   Answer Question

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas (Richardson, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

The University of Texas at Dallas Career Center posted this position back in January. Blue Cross Blue Shield contacted me in March and conducted a preliminary phone interview. This consisted of basic regarding the underwriting position (do I like math? do you prefer working individually or with a group, computer skills, etc.)

A week later they called back to schedule a face to face interview with the underwriting management team. The campus in Richardson is new and very beautiful. The attire was business casual, though you will see a few of the management team members wearing suits. There is was a gym in the basement and a cafeteria in the main floor which was a nice touch.

The building is highly secured so you will have to take a picture and get an ID badge before the interview. I met with a HR rep and went over the basic benefits package at BCBSTX. They offer many benefits including discounted health insurance, PTO, 401k, and a pension plan to name a few.

The interviewers were the three members of the underwriting management team and they were casual and laid back. The interview itself consisted of basic behavioral questions(how to deal with a difficult coworker, how you prioritize tasks) and even a few mental math questions (what is 21% of 1.8 million and how did you come up with it?). My advice would be to brush up on some math and answer the behavioral question showing that you can make decisions independently but are able to follow directions carefully.

Interview Questions

• You are the leader of a group of eleven people. Eight of them are team players but one of them thinks she should be the leader and the other one cannot concentrate. How do you deal with them both?   Answer Question