Blue Shield Of California Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Shield Of California Business Analyst Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter. 1-hour phone screen with hiring manager. On-site interview with a group. The recruiting team is very good, professional, and responds quickly. The overall process was well coordinated from beginning to end. They came off as a professional organization during the process.

Interview Questions

• Culture fit questions, questions to see if you can handle their environment, examples of my past experience that qualifies me for job   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Shield Of California

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

2 interviews (not counting recruiter). 1 with team and the other with hiring manager. Each lasted 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• If hired how long do you expect to remain in ti sposition?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They told me pay, I asked for more, they made up difference by giving hiring bonus

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of an initial interview with HR, Manager interview and for the third round, a team interview. That's basically it. Good luck on your interview! I need at least 30 words to submit this so....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

I interviewed for a 4 month temporary Business Analyst position. I was initially contacted by K-Force and provided a job description for which I believed I was qualified for. It took just a couple of hours to get the phone interview scheduled. K-Force was very professional and provided everything I needed to make the call to Blue Shield of California, El Dorado Hills. The interview was scheduled a few days out, which was fine. It gave me an opportunity to go through the job description and match it to my experience to ensure I was properly prepared.

I was provided with two phone numbers and instructed to call the second number if no one was at the first. When I called the first number, I was greeted and asked to hold while he transferred me to a conference room. I thought that he was going to conduct the interview there. To my suprise there was a panel of three people to ask me questions. I figured this would be fine and proceded to introduce myself. It turns out that the job description I was given by KForce was not what BS was interviewing for. I did note, that KForce provided the right job description, but BS wanted only someone to do user testing. I am versed in user testing and felt confident I could still qualify for the position. However, the style in which I was interviewed through me off. I was asked "If I were to write a book about user testing, what would the first three chapters be titled". I flubbed this part up because I got so caught up in creating a perfect title that I felt like I didn't answer the question very well.

I couldn't help but think that the interview strategy was set up to make someone fail and that perhaps that was the culture of BS. The interviewers voices were kind but somewhat smug. I left the phone interview feeling battered and that if I didn't really need a job, that I would not work for them.

Interview Questions

• If you were writing a book on use cases, what would you title the first three chapters?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lodi, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Lodi, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Mutiple questsion, cause, solution, return oriented