Blue Shield Of California Interview Questions in Sacramento, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Lead Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

3 Interviews - 2 on telephone and 1 Panel interview in person. Two HR's facilitating this interview process have resigned. There was no communication after the interview. After multiple follow-ups, I heard from them that the requirement was closed.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize if you receive tasks from Project Managers, Directors and the likes   1 Answer

Tech Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by an in-house recruiter. He asked what my salary requirements were then arranged a phone/WebEx interview with the department lead.

She asked the usual position-related questions and had me complete an editing test, which I aced. It was something a high school student could have easily done...

She stated that she would recommend me to her manager. A couple of weeks later I interviewed with him.

Immediately, red flags started popping up. He was 15 minutes late. He knew I had a disability that makes walking difficult (I divulged this to the lead) but that didn't stop him from conducting the interview in a building 200 yards from the visitors' reception.

It was extremely hot that day, so I was suffering when we got to the conference room where one other person was waiting. That person introduced himself then sat silently doodling in his notebook the entire interview.

The manager asked many inappropriate questions for an interview with a mid-career professional. Questions such as: Would you have trouble getting to work on time? We are eliminating the work from home benefit; would this be a problem for you? How would your high school English teacher describe you? Were you really self-employed?

A week after the interview I followed up with the recruiter who said no decision had been made.

Needless to say, based on this experience and other reviews on GlassDoor, I'm glad I never heard back. I'd avoid this place unless you truly have no other option.

Interview Questions

• Would you have trouble getting to work on time?   1 Answer
    • How would your high school English teacher describe you?   1 Answer

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA).

Interview

First you go through one of their recruiter and it's the basic questions to see if you qualify. If you do you meet with a manager and lead over the phone and they go through their questions that are a bit more detailed. After that I don't know what happens since no one gets back to you even by email. So I'm sure I didn't get the job, but it would be nice to get a notification of that from one of the 4 people you deal with through the process.

Interview Questions

• general IT help desk questions. how would you help someone if this was their issue.   Answer Question

Blue Shield Of California Response

May 8, 2017 – Strategic Recruiting Program Manager

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We want to offer all candidates a great experience and are sorry that we didn’t provide you feedback on your interview. We’ve let the Director of... More

Senior Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called me if interested, had phone interview following day , week later phone interview with hiring manager who give more details about the position. Week later had a in person panel interview with the lead and 2 team members then in person with the hiring manager. Received offer following and started work 2 weeks later

Interview Questions

• Since I was well qualified for the position questions were more geared if I was a good personality fit for the team   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with recruiter, a phone interview with Director. Director stated I would be hearing from HR with next step process and that was two weeks ago and I have not heard anything as of yet. I realize the average hiring time frame is two to four weeks, but this seems like a critical position and due to staffing issues and moral I would think it would be a priority.

Interview Questions

• Why I applied for the position   1 Answer

Group Level Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA).

Interview

First was a phone screening interview with the recruiter and then scheduled for a 1:1 with the department's supervisor. Manager was scheduled to be there also, but was called away for a conference call.

Interview Questions

• Nothing grueling; PC skills questions, asked if familiar with the industry and if there would be an issue to work around holidays if the need was present.   Answer Question

Negotiation

some room to negotiate, a small window.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Sacramento, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Did a phone interview on 6/28/15 which consisted of going over my background and a mock call with a scenario the interviewer provided. They asked me to come in for a face to face interview on 6/29/15 which consisted of a series of behavioral questions. Both interviews were went very quick and both interviewers were very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to do your job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a stressful call you've dealt with. Why was it stressful? And how did you over come the stress and complete the call?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Sacramento, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with mock call ..in person interview with two supervisors ..behavior questions..maybe about 10 questions total..hired As temp perm after six months with second interview with two questions

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA).

Interview

I would say it was very comfortable. I was interviewed outside which made it more relaxing not so taxing. I was able to chat with two interviews and felt it was a really good interview. I received a call a couple days later with a job offer did the drug rest and worked there for 5 years

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Dorado Hills, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (El Dorado Hills, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

My interview was scheduled one day in advance, shortly after submitting my application. The interview was a panel that rotated asking situational questions. The team was very friendly and I was interviewed for 20 minutes then had up to 10 minutes to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when a project milestone was challenged and how the project was impacted.   Answer Question