Blue Shield Of California Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Shield Of California Senior Manager Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with recruiter, a phone interview with Director. Director stated I would be hearing from HR with next step process and that was two weeks ago and I have not heard anything as of yet. I realize the average hiring time frame is two to four weeks, but this seems like a critical position and due to staffing issues and moral I would think it would be a priority.

Interview Questions

• Why I applied for the position   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Shield Of California

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

First contact was through an employee referral, but I was also required to complete the online application. After an initial phone screen with the in-house recruiter, I was interviewed by a two-person team for one hour. Much of the interview focused on my background and work experience. For the second round, I had 3 half-hour interviews. The first 30-minute interview spent the first 10 minutes explaining the organizational structure. The second interviewer arrived 10 minutes late and conducted the interview like a question/answer session vs. a conversation. The third 30-minute interview was with the original interview 2-person team and consisted of my presentation of a work sample. Perceptions: the second interviewer, who would have been a peer, projected a lower level of competency and achievement than the other interviewers. My overall perception of the people I met: seemed pleasant, nice to interact with, but perhaps not as dynamic and goal-oriented as colleagues in my past employment.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you've handled underachievers on your teams?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

It went from phone call to a couple of emails, then at 3 phone interviews with the recruiter, 1 with the hiring manager. Then it was out to meet them in person - total of 5 people met with me.
    It went so well. The staff they use to have (before they "reorg-ed") was phenomenal. She single handily sold me on BSC

Negotiation

Easy I guess - they made an offer X and I said "how about Y"? 4 weeks later (probably after failing to negotiate another candidate, I got my $.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California.

Interview

Applied thru Linkedin. Got a call within a week, had the initial interview with the HR/Recruiter. Next week had the phone interview with the Hiring Mgr/Director. Following week I was asked to appear for a final /onsite interview in their SF office. 4 Manager, and 2 of the team members talked to me. Within a week they notified its going slower than they expect, however hinted that I'm being considered. After 2 more weeks they called and offered me.

Overall very good experience with the HR, and other folks I interacted with throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Why you're leaving your current job? There was no unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple. Recruiter gave me an offer, I said sorry, I expected this much. Within a day he came back and offered me the asking salary!