Blue Shield Of California Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Shield Of California Senior Manager Interview Questions

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with recruiter, a phone interview with Director. Director stated I would be hearing from HR with next step process and that was two weeks ago and I have not heard anything as of yet. I realize the average hiring time frame is two to four weeks, but this seems like a critical position and due to staffing issues and moral I would think it would be a priority.

Interview Questions

• Why I applied for the position   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Shield Of California

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Shield Of California (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

First contact was through an employee referral, but I was also required to complete the online application. After an initial phone screen with the in-house recruiter, I was interviewed by a two-person team for one hour. Much of the interview focused on my background and work experience. For the second round, I had 3 half-hour interviews. The first 30-minute interview spent the first 10 minutes explaining the organizational structure. The second interviewer arrived 10 minutes late and conducted the interview like a question/answer session vs. a conversation. The third 30-minute interview was with the original interview 2-person team and consisted of my presentation of a work sample. Perceptions: the second interviewer, who would have been a peer, projected a lower level of competency and achievement than the other interviewers. My overall perception of the people I met: seemed pleasant, nice to interact with, but perhaps not as dynamic and goal-oriented as colleagues in my past employment.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you've handled underachievers on your teams?   1 Answer