Blue Square Concepts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Blue Square Concepts

1.9

Entry Level Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Phila, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview was weird. They had me wait 20 minutes after my scheduled meeting time. I never met the guy who reached out to me after I applied and who called to confirm my interview appointment the morning of.
    When I met the woman she talked very fast, said huge words that did not make sense. Yet I never got the chance to have her elaborate on what she was talking about.. Finally, I told her I was looking for a marketing position yet the position she was describing sounded like a sales job. She told me that for 4-6 months I would do door-to-door/face-to-face sales with clients and after is when they would assess my skills to see if I qualified for a "managerial" position.

The job post said nothing about being a sales representative. I found this company to be misleading and I had weird feelings as soon as I got into their office- which by the way is shared with other offices and could use a make-over. Right off the bat my trust for them was on edge and who wants to start off like that?

Interview Questions

• "Do you love to win or hate to lose?" No joke. I was asked that as a final question.
      "What are your hobbies and interests?"   1 Answer

Felt like a untrustworthy business. Misleading.

Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Received phone call from HR. When I heard the address I realized they were the 3rd company in the same suite in the same building to contact me (shady). I asked what compensation was and was told they would only discuss in an interview. I requested a phone interview and was told they didn't hold interviews over the phone. These guys are SHADY! I would watch out ......

Interview Questions

• Can you come in for an in person interview without knowing what we pay or what we do?   1 Answer

Blue Square Concepts Response

Jan 8, 2016 – Director

Hi there and thanks for the review, and the opportunity to respond to some of your concerns. You’re correct that we do indeed share a building with many other companies, as is fairly common in... More

Sales and Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

very short interview about 15 min, he asked some general questions about myself, then he told me you will have a call in 2 hours to confirm if you make it to the second interview. after an hour and a half, i received a call to be informed that i made it to the second interview and its from 12- 8 p.m. will see how it goes

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Most of the time they just talked about themselves and asked few unnecessary questions. They don't have much interest to the employees, and they just want to persuade newcomers to sell stuff for them,

Interview Questions

• Which one do you value most in work, money, growth, fun, coworkers...   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Phila, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online. The process took about four days I met a bunch of people the called me up and invited me to work with them. I enjoyed meeting everyone and am glad to be working here. The interview process is real easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Houston, TX) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied for the job simply because I am currently a student trying to find a job once I graduate and heard back from them almost immediately which did not sit well with me. I told them I would be able to meet on a Friday at a certain time and then received another email saying they wanted to do an interview at a later time which did not sit well with me either. I declined to go further with the interview process after reading other responses saying it was a scam.

Interview Questions

• N/A chose to not participate in interview after a few things rubbed me the wrong way   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Interview

Pyramid scheme. Extremely unprofessional. Sent an email with multiple typos and errors. Try asking them any normal question about base pay or your job and they will steer clear of an answer. Second interview you do door to door sales in Philly with one of the employees. For free mind you.

Interview Questions

I declined because this is a scam and just unprofessional setting all around.

Blue Square Concepts Response

Aug 19, 2016 – Director

We apologize that your interview experience was not what you expected. We always try our best to make sure all of our interview candidates are fully aware of the details of the job. We're sure if... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

The first interview was very short (around ten minutes). It was a one-to-one interview. It felt more like a screening interview. Questions were very easy and straight forward. You don't have to prepare much. If you want the job, just look nice, present yourself well and be sociable.

The second interview is a door-to-door sales trip.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Day 1: Show up for first round interview, just like anywhere else. The purpose of this interview is to explain what you will be doing if you are hired and an excellent understanding of how the company works,
    Day 2 (or whenever you schedule your next interview): Show up at the same time other trainees or associates come to work and prepare to hit the field with a consultant. Here, you will learn exactly what you will be expected to do upon hiring. Learn what you can during this interview, as it is truly a unique experience and an excellent chance to see how things are done correctly. About half way through the normal work day, you will be taken back to the office, where the senior management reviews feedback from the consultant while in the field. You may or may not be offered the position at this point.

Interview Questions

• How many hours per day can you dedicate to the company?   Answer Question

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed in person. Reading reviews ahead of time, I was suspicious that the job description in the listing didn't reflect the actual position they were hiring for, and this was confirmed seconds into the interview. The interview didn't come out and say it, but most of the questions were along the lines of "how do you feel about being told no by a potential client?", which made it very clear this was, in fact, a sales position.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you would be a good fit for a marketing and sales position?   Answer Question