Blue Square Concepts Marketing Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Square Concepts Marketing Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Blue Square Concepts

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online. They replied that day. It is a one day interview, and then right after that day a basically work for free interview. They take you in a random person's car (which mine was all cluttered and messy). The office was normal but I had weird vibes. The lady who called me back to confirm the third interview called on her mobile phone (shady!). She kept calling me over and over and left a voicemail, She even texted me (more shady). DO not apply here = pyramid scheme

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work for us for free and waste your day and then realize we are scamming you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Square Concepts

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied on linked in, heard back the same day and offered two days to pick a time slot for an in person interview. Rearranged my schedule to travel 3 hours to their suite in Philadelphia. Ended up lasting 10 minutes. No new information was shared about the position. I felt very weird about the entire interview. The desk I sat at for my interview was one of the only desks in the shared suite. Ending up getting a second round interview but terminated the process.

Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts.

Interview

First they brought me in for a 7 minute interview. I walked in and they said "this will take 5-7 minutes" hmmm. Then she basically told me about all the great opportunity for growth and how you could be running your own branch within 14 months. hmmmmm.

They called me in for a second round interview which was a (surprise) group interview. They made us do homework for it and present it to a panel of employees. After that, we listened to the panel tell us about why they joined and how they all had been promoted really fast. (One guy said he got promoted after four days.) At this point I sort of got the feeling it was door to door sales jobs even though no one actually described what we would be doing in this role.

It wasn't until my third interview, a phone interview, that I just blatantly asked "is this door to door sales?" Then I got a direct answer. My interviewer on the phone also said that it was 100% commission whereas the facilitator running the group interview assured us it was all salaried base pay.

I'm really happy that the people they picked for our panel were successful here, but I think that success is probably not the standard route. Promoted in a couple days or a couple of weeks? It just seems like it's too good to be the whole story. My mom always says, "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!" If you have no idea what the role you're interviewing for is, but they are selling you on promotions and bonuses, just be really thorough when asking questions about the job.

Interview Questions

As soon as I learned It was door to door sales, I ended my candidacy. It took 3 conversations to tell me that, and someone either lied or flagrantly misspoke about the pay process.

Candidates I interviewed with were all bright business students from good business schools, and I'm disappointed that it took so long for them to tell us what the job really was. Just be honest, D2D isn't for everyone, so be clear about that so that you aren't targeting candidates that aren't interested in that type of role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first interview was more of a prelimary/introductory interview. The second interview was more in depth and I interviewed with one other candidate, but I could tell something was off about the job after I noticed the interviewer gazing out the window while he talked to us, which displayed unprofessionalism. The next thing you know, I realized this was a "bait and pitch" for a sales job where you go door to door and its commission based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Houston, TX).

Interview

After applying for a Marketing role, I received a generic email the next day saying, "After reviewing your resume, our HR team feels that you may possess the qualities and skills that we look for in our candidates. We are looking to fill a few available positions immediately, due to both our recent expansion as well as our clients’ goals." They gave me two day/time options to come in for an interview. When I arrived, I was asked to fill out a form but I had to leave to use the restroom. Note: Loud, pop music was playing in the waiting room. This seemed odd.

When I came back, there were other candidates in the room, filling forms out and then an employee came into the room. They mistook me for another candidate but interviewed me anyway. They asked simple, generic questions (i.e What are you currently working towards/trying to accomplish?). The interviewer seemed rushed and disinterested. They mentioned partnering with AT&T but didn't give any further details.

After the interview was over, they mentioned a second round of interviews, which was never mentioned in the original email. They said they'd call within a specific time frame if I passed the first round. I received a call and scheduled an interview for the following day. I received a confirmation email with Situational Analysis Interview questions. They said "Please be prepared to participate in a discussion with one of our consultants regarding this information":

1) What is your understanding of the telecommunications industry?

2) Who are the key players?

3) What is the monetary size of the industry?

4) What are some of the key advancements that have occurred within the industry?

5) What is fiber optic technology?

6) What are some of the changes with satellite technology?

7) What are the 4 P's of marketing?

I spent a few hours answering these questions and writing down notes. Before going to bed, I did last-minute research on the company and read reviews about door-to-door selling for AT&T. Marketing Consultant is another term for "AT&T Salesperson". Don't be fooled and learn from my experience. However, if you ARE interested in selling AT&T services, this may be the right role for you. People seem to like the company and are leaving positive reviews.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

DOOR TO DOOR SALES - This is not marketing! This is a soliciting job in a Pyramid style scheme. They try to move you through an arbitrary interview process. The guy literally wrote nothing down. I went back and created a fake resume with a terrible GPA, Terrible Qualifications and a cover letter that requested 2 vacations in less than a month and they still called the fake resume person it was amazing.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Marketing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts in June 2017.

Interview

Losing 2 days to hear bs about their bs business and their bs supposed presence in 19 countries and 250 Fortune 500 clients and 190 offices blablabla but no one talk about them on the web except themselves... and oh at the very end only, like 5-10min only you will finally get to the job talk to discover that you are not going to be paid for the job you applied to which by the way, whatever title position you applied to would transform at the end of this gigantic scam job session into: door-to-door sales person for AT&T only paid on commission!!!

Interview Questions

• BS questions for a bs scam company. Don't even pay attention, whatever you are gonna answer won't matter because what they need is big cattle to work for them for free. No need to have the right answer for that!!!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The first interview was in person, a short meet and greet in which we discussed why I would be qualified for the position or how I could benefit from the position. The second interview was a half-day shadowing experience, where I really got a feel for what I would be doing and what I could expect. I really enjoyed spending the day getting to know a potential coworker and getting to connect with the people we will work for. The third interview was just a short phone interview with the CEO. We discussed my resume further and then I was given a review of how my half-day interview went. I was amazed with how quickly they got back to me. All in all I had a lovely experience!

Interview Questions

• Ten skills that a leader has, of those which do you possess?   Answer Question