Blue Square Concepts Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Blue Square Concepts

1.5

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted over the phone and by email within minutes of applying. The person I spoke with wanted me to come in for an interview, and said I could get a better explanation of the position then.

I arrived at the office and there were four similar companies on the door. One of those companies, Eagle Eye Synergies, had also contacted me about a suspicious position. The room was filled with around 20 applicants, some of whom could have been homeless. One man was wearing athletic sandals. The whole environment was unprofessional.

After waiting 30 minutes I was brought back for my interview. The person who interviewed me said that it would be just a quick meet and greet and would be around 5-7 minutes, but I could find out more details about the position in the second interview. Red flag. So she went on to give me her sales pitch, which she had memorized so well that she must repeat it hundreds of times a day. She didn't ask me about my skills or experience, she only talked about advancement opportunities after hire. Red flag. Through my questioning I found out that the company only offers two entry level positions. The one I applied for was 100% commission and the other one, which supposedly includes a base pay, is door-to-door soliciting. She quickly rattled off that I could expect to make 40k, but I could tell that even she didn't believe that. By the way, the second interview is not an "interview" but a day where you go out on the job and shadow an employee- it's a free day of work for the company. I would also point out that she said they are only hiring for full-time positions. I would like to know what difference it makes if I work full or part time if I'm 100% commission. Is it perhaps that they want as much free work as possible out of me before I wise up and quit?

I told her that neither position would be acceptable to me and I was not contacted by them again. This company is not reputable and I suggest that you avoid them. They seem to prey on the desperation of naive unemployed people.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for?
    Are you analytical or a people person?
    Are you an out and about or a behind a desk person?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Blue Square Concepts

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Blue Square Concepts (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I arrived 15 minutes early and waited 30 minutes before I was called. They were holding interviews with many qualified candidates so were running late. The waiting room consisted of many people waiting to interview at various consulting companies.

Interview Questions

• List the following based on work preference: Money; Fun; People; Growth   Answer Question