Blue State Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue State Digital (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

was long , had to go through two technical interviews plus two executive interviews
    technical interviews are not that hard if you know what ur doing ,,
    the executive interviews are tricky be ready

Interview Questions

• What would you do to scale a micro service ?
      how to design and architect a microservice ?   Answer Question

Platform Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue State Digital (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with a tech person, then a longer 'full day' of interviews (~4 hours). The technical rounds were filled with interesting people asking important questions (as opposed to silly trivia), and the behavioral sections were done by project managers and team leads. Everyone came off as friendly, skilled, and passionate. The final chat was with the CEO -- this company takes good tech hiring seriously.

Interview Questions

• E-mail: how does DKIM work from the perspective of the receiving MTA?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue State Digital (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

I was initially contacted by email. My first interview was with what seemed to be a recruiter. It went well, and I was moved onto a second interview with my would be boss. That interview also went well, but I never heard back after that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a big data project you have worked on in the past.   Answer Question

Director, Content Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue State Digital (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who knows the head of marketing at BSD. I had applied for a job at another company, and they referred me to BSD saying that they weren't going to hire me but thought I was "terrific" and I would be a great fit at this agency.

BSD contacted me after a personal email introduction over the weekend. That Monday, the office assistant set up a boiler-plate phone interview with the head of marketing at BSD. The call lasted about 30 minutes, and at the end the woman asked me to take a writing test. Two days later they sent me a Google doc with extensive instructions to write a blog for their site that needed to included several quotes from two leaders in BSD. I also had to create several social media posts.

I spent an entire weekend writing an 800-word blog that took research and, of course, lots of personal time. After I turned in my assignment, complete silence. I waiting about three weeks before I reached out through email; I was wholly ignored in my inquiry for at least some feedback or follow-up.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever heard of Blue State Digital? What's your target salary range?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Blue State Digital.

Interview

Applied online, HR or internal recruiter setup phone interview. Went through a boiler plate 30 minute Q & A with the hiring manager. No follow up communication from anyone at the company. Maybe the offer letter got lost in the mail.

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Blue State Digital.

Interview

Applied online, got a email response within the week. Set up an interview for the next week. I was interviewed by a group of 3 people, all of whom I would be working with. They asked the standard questions with a few fun questions thrown in to get you thinking. Very quick and easy process.

Director Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Blue State Digital (Alexandria, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online. After about 2-3 weeks, I got an email from a HR representative to schedule a screening interview. That interview was pretty standard. Questions about my skills, processes and why I wanted to work at BSD. The interview lasted about 15 mins. I then had a second phone interview with somebody higher up in the DC office. I felt a little rushed and there were pockets of silence which was a little weird. At one point I had to make sure the interviewer was still on the line.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Blue State Digital.

Interview

The interview process was pretty long, but very relaxed. Typically applicants will start off with a phone interview then go through a round of on-site and video interviews. If you're applying for a technical position, you should be ready to talk about projects that you've worked on in the past.

Interview Questions

• What are some technologies you look forward to using/interested in learning more about.   Answer Question

Senior Account Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Blue State Digital (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was lengthly with 3 interviews and a strange writing test. There was no clear indication on next steps and no one ever followed up with me to provide final feedback.

Account Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Blue State Digital.

Interview

The interview was over the phone with two people on the other line and lasted a little over 30 minutes. The questions were ones anyone would really expect for an interview at a marketing agency, what's your favorite campaign? what do you like about it? And many questions were based off of ones in the application. They focused on a dream client and what you wanted to take away from your summer with BSD. It was a little awkward because when I was answering they had themselves muted so when I was finished giving my answer there was always a good 2-3 seconds of dead air before they un-muted themselves.