Blue Valley Unified School District Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Blue Valley Unified School District Interview Questions

3.5

School Teacher Interview

Interview

An intensive several hour question process and it is either you answer the questions correctly based on the answer they expect or you are not brought back to interview with the principal.

Interview Questions

• If you could lead a group of students in a project, how would you approach it?
      The students lead the project and you are a facilitator.
      You come up with the main ideas and then let the students go from there.
      You tell the students what they are to research and exactly how to go about it.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Blue Valley Unified School District (Overland Park, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an interview offer, had a brief 20-30min interview, received and accepted an offer a few days later. Interview consisted of a panel of five people. Three administrators, a project manager and an administrative assistant. Questions were asked by all. After going through their questions I was given an opportunity to ask questions regarding the position.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable do you feel filling your own time with tasks and being proactive?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Blue Valley Unified School District.

Interview

They found my resume online and contacted me for an interview. The interview had six people in the room: the main principal, other principals, and the two head department chairs of the Business/Computer department. They asked a series of questions and I answered to the best of my ability. The interview went extremely well. I received the job over many candidates for that teaching position.

Interview Questions

• In the computer classes where each student sits at their computer - how are you going to ensure they are not playing games and if you catch them what would you do and how do you plan to prevent this from occurring?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase as teachers are payed on a scale and they show you that in second interview if you make it that far. It is the state that controls teachers' pay

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Blue Valley Unified School District (Overland Park, KS) in July 2009.

Interview

Online application, Gallup Screening, building level interview with Administration, HR interview (brief).

Interview Questions

• What do you know about professional learning communities?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate much except step on salary schedule (based on years served at previous districts).