BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina

2.4

Contract Negotiator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (Columbia, SC).

Interview

Interviewed by four individuals who I worked with once I was hired. They asked pretty good questions but was bot interested in how to improve policies. Overall good interview.

Interview Questions

• Am I use to a fast pace environment.   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in February 2013.

Interview

It was very in depth asking about prior experiences and how they compare to the position applying for. It was about 4 individuals interviewing me but they each made me feel very comfortable.

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surfside Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (Surfside Beach, SC) in November 2011.

Interview

This was my second attempt to work for this company, in which I currently work for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of NC. I originally applied online, directly through the companies website, in which I had a search agent set up to send me daily notifications of new jobs posted. After applying you can check your apprlication status on their website www.bcbssc.com, under the career section. "Applied" indicates that they received your application, but its just stitting there with God only knows how many other applicants in the "death pool". "Under consideration" indicates that not only have they received your resume, but it matches the qualifications of their interest. A couple of days later, the hr rep contacts me via phone, asking me0 about my experience and salary requirements. I thoroughly gave him all this information, but when I told him my salary requirements he laughed, and proceeded to tell me that this position only pays 9.21 per hour, and that its non negotiable. I have a degree in finance, but even if I didnt i wouldnt take this job for that pay, trust me i process claims and its very time consuming and tidious, so unless your just jobless and hopeless, move on people because this isnt what you want. I did pursue to the scheduled testing on their job site, which let me tell you, I completed within 30 minutes of the alloted 90 minutes i was given. My six year old son could have completed this errononeous test just as fast, in which none of the test even applied to what youd actually be doing on a daily basis. Once completed, they take you in a room, and the first people called out are the angels who survived the death pool, in which the ones left behind are the ones who drowned. They will notifiy that they want a second interview with you that same week, in which you will meet with two managers. I then declined this offer, it was just to big of a joke for me. $9.21 per hour and your scanning me through your complex hriing process as if this is even comparable to a salaried position? Trust me people, if it was worth it, Id tell you.. Yes I work for Blue Cross of NC, but each company is its own entity, therefore theres no transfer or comparison as a company worldwide, they each make their own rules according to the state. My intentions arent to discourage anyone from taking this position, but only to inform you of its operations and to encourage you of taking a risk for guaranteed better opportunities out there. No i dont make alot of money, about $40,000-$45,000 per year, but Ive earned every penny of it and will continue to push for more. This is fortune 500 company im bloggin, and yet they want to pay their claims processors $19,000 per year, not happening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past work expereince and what you currently do now.   Answer Question

The pay and the atmosphere of the workplace is the main reason i chose to decline this offer. As described in my interview comments, there is better pay out there. If you are going to take a job at this pay, please make sure its something not so stressful and demanding.

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (Florence, SC) in February 2013.

Interview

It was a very comfortable environment and the interviewer was very informative about the work process. When I went in I was told to be at ease and didn't have to be so formal. That helped me a lot.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (Florence, SC) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied and it took several weeks to get a call for interview. The interview was one person the manager that was looking for members on her team. I was interviewed and then took a few more weeks to be called in. The background check takes months, but you start working before it comes back.

Interview Questions

• If you are scheduled to be here at 12:00pm then what time are you late?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina.

Interview

Took a math test first and had a screening interview with HR first and then a phone interview with two managers. I had a negative experience with HR after I done the phone interview with managers.

Interview Questions

• Some routine interview questions, how flexible you are? What is your strength and weakness?   Answer Question

Internal Auditor III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a HR representative on the phone, After she relayed my information to the hiring manager and interview was scheduled. Interviewed with hiring manager a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a coworker was interfering with my workload.   1 Answer

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in February 2009.

Interview

will update later

Interview Questions

Negotiation

transfer no real negotiation

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email. Had initial phone interview, then had to come in to take an test, then had interview with hiring manager to discuss the specifics of the job.

Interview Questions

• Was given rules for a "made-up" programming language, then asked to write a short program.   Answer Question

Server Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina in March 2016.

Interview

Since I do not live in the area I had two phone interviews. The first was a technical screening and the second one was the typical HR/managerial interview.
    The job requirements that I was presented with, did not fit what they were looking for, so I was not really prepared for the interview.