BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

2.4

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (Columbia, SC).

Interview

First I had to complete testing at the Florence, SC location. After being notified that I passed the test immediately after, I was then contacted by a recruiter to schedule a face-to-face interview with a manager at the Columbia,SC location. This was a month after the testing. After the face-to-face interview, I was then contacted for a second interview with the same manager and the director. I was told that in week they would have a decision. This was on March 7th, I have called the hiring manager and left a voicemail in addition to an email with no response. it is the end of April with no response.

Program Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

she sent me an email and she asked me many personal questions she told me about the salary and they don't give me travel support because I will relocate questions but the important question was about my data analytics experience

Interview Questions

• tell me about your data analytics experience?   1 Answer

Managed Care Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurens, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (Laurens, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Application submitted, about a week late email received from recruiter to set up interview. Interview complete on Wednesday, heard from recruiter offering position on following Wednesday. I'm am now waiting for my background check and drug test to come back. Start date anticipated for April 10.

Customer Service Advocate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through Kelly Service. I had an interview with Kelly and was offered the opportunity to interview with BCBSSC. I accepted and went to my scheduled interview with BCBSSC.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you helped someone in your last position?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you had to solve a difficult problem? What was the problem, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email. Had initial phone interview, then had to come in to take an test, then had interview with hiring manager to discuss the specifics of the job.

Interview Questions

• Was given rules for a "made-up" programming language, then asked to write a short program.   Answer Question

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (Florence, SC).

Interview

The man that interviewed me was a very laid back guy. He didn't make the interview seem like it was an interrogation, I wish I could've worked for him instead.

Internal Auditor III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a HR representative on the phone, After she relayed my information to the hiring manager and interview was scheduled. Interviewed with hiring manager a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a coworker was interfering with my workload.   1 Answer

Utilization Review Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

Process started with a recruiter screening interview via phone. This was followed by a second interview with the manager via phone. I was then scheduled for an in-person interview - process took about 4weeks before offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Basic information on prior experience. Included questions to see your approach to handling specific problems   Answer Question

Claims Processor I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surfside Beach, Horry, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (Surfside Beach, Horry, SC).

Interview

i applied twice for my position,first time i made it just my interview,got it the 2nd time. My 2nd interview was great,very casual, not by the book, he was going to my actual manager too. i applied directly thru their website,received an email of qualifying, then i had to take a skills test which was pretty simple. Had an interview,an offer,they take fingerprints,do federal background check,all in all it took about 2 months of alot of stress lol.

Interview Questions

• they ask about you,where you live,just general chatter,what your future is like,etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non negetiable

VBA/SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (Columbia, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

Was initially approached by a recruiter and after about a week was asked for a phone screen. The phone screen lasted the better part of 45 minutes or so and covered quite a few different areas of expertise. What I understood to be a VBA Developer role with some T-SQL (based on the job write-up) turned out to be more like a kitchen drawer type role. Quite a few OOP and DBA questions with not a lot of what I expected per the job description. Afterwards was told that they'd provide feedback but, according to the recruiter, they never called back. Whether that's the recruiter's fault or BCBS is anyone's guess.

Interview Questions

• Explain the difference between passing arguments ByRef and ByVal.   1 Answer
    • Describe configuration settings in SSIS.   Answer Question