BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee

2.7

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2008.

Interview

There was one interview which involved very vague questions with no questions related to past performance

Interview Questions

• Was asked if I believed I could function in the role, given my experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was not negotiable. Benefits were applied across the board except for key employees and upper management

Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Interviewed with two employees asking tough questions. During the interview the supervisor was negative and kept telling me I had to meet quotas and it' stressful. I didn't feel they were very interested in me though I had all of the qualifications and where I worked and still work I have a three page job description involving claims managing the billing dept and billing denials

Interview Questions

• What do you expect of your supervisor   1 Answer

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2008.

Interview

Interview process is OK. They pay for the travel but will get you one day before to get cheap deal on travel.

Interview Questions

• How much are you expecting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They always offer 10 years worth lower salary than what you are eligible

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Nashville, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

Questions like: What would you do in this situation .. Strengths and weaknesses ... How would you handle an irate customer ??? They talked about the position and said it was so call center based

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered more than I expected so no negotiation needed

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed simultaneously with the manager and two other employees on his team. The interview lasted about 1 hour. It was fairly casual and not extremely high pressure. There were no trick questions or intimidating tactics used.

Interview Questions

• How do your studies in economics tie in with healthcare analytics?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with the heads of 3 or 4 departments, and they all took turns asking me questions about my skills and background to see where I might be a good fit. The lead that seemed most interested from the start asked about 80% of the questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies?   Answer Question
    • (After explaining their departments) Which one of these sounds the most interesting to you?   Answer Question
    • What is a distributed DOS attack? How does it differ from a regular DOS and how can you tell?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2018.

Interview

Phone Screen where they try to gauge my compatibility for the position and then an on-site interview.

I almost got there late because getting on the property is like trying to get into Fort Knox.

Interview Questions

• You have to present some data makes a manager in another department look bad, how do you present it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee in February 2013.

Interview

submit resume online, i got referral from an alumnus and interview the next week.

Interview Questions

• What kind of big project with large data did you do with Excel?   Answer Question

Biostatistical Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

After submitting a cover letter/resume, there was an initial one-on-one phone call that outlined responsibilities and roles, including likely instances of work accomplished. A second phone interview was scheduled the next week, which included likely colleagues. More specific questions were posed. What softwares are you familiar with / have you used? What approaches would you pursue when given the following assignment? Would you be interested in consulting?

Interview Questions

• What are the dimensions of the data you have worked with (number of rows/columns)?   1 Answer

Case Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

Friendly and welcoming. It was a team interview and one of the two seemed very interested in speaking with me and the other was on her computer and cell phone texting most of the time.