BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 5, 2018

2.7

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2008.

Interview

There was one interview which involved very vague questions with no questions related to past performance

Interview Questions

• Was asked if I believed I could function in the role, given my experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary was not negotiable. Benefits were applied across the board except for key employees and upper management

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2008.

Interview

Interview process is OK. They pay for the travel but will get you one day before to get cheap deal on travel.

Interview Questions

• How much are you expecting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They always offer 10 years worth lower salary than what you are eligible

Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Nashville, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

Questions like: What would you do in this situation .. Strengths and weaknesses ... How would you handle an irate customer ??? They talked about the position and said it was so call center based

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered more than I expected so no negotiation needed

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

I interviewed simultaneously with the manager and two other employees on his team. The interview lasted about 1 hour. It was fairly casual and not extremely high pressure. There were no trick questions or intimidating tactics used.

Interview Questions

• How do your studies in economics tie in with healthcare analytics?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with the heads of 3 or 4 departments, and they all took turns asking me questions about my skills and background to see where I might be a good fit. The lead that seemed most interested from the start asked about 80% of the questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies?   Answer Question
    • (After explaining their departments) Which one of these sounds the most interesting to you?   Answer Question
    • What is a distributed DOS attack? How does it differ from a regular DOS and how can you tell?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in July 2018.

Interview

Phone Screen where they try to gauge my compatibility for the position and then an on-site interview.

I almost got there late because getting on the property is like trying to get into Fort Knox.

Interview Questions

• You have to present some data makes a manager in another department look bad, how do you present it?   1 Answer

Biostatistical Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

After submitting a cover letter/resume, there was an initial one-on-one phone call that outlined responsibilities and roles, including likely instances of work accomplished. A second phone interview was scheduled the next week, which included likely colleagues. More specific questions were posed. What softwares are you familiar with / have you used? What approaches would you pursue when given the following assignment? Would you be interested in consulting?

Interview Questions

• What are the dimensions of the data you have worked with (number of rows/columns)?   1 Answer

Case Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

Friendly and welcoming. It was a team interview and one of the two seemed very interested in speaking with me and the other was on her computer and cell phone texting most of the time.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Resume was submitted online and screened by HR for experience and skills. I interviewed with department director. Questions focused on handling clients and broker relationships. I felt I had the experience they were looking for; however, the position was ultimately filled from within. The entire process took approximately three weeks.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee.

Interview

I applied online and heard from human resources a month later. Human resources conducted a brief phone interview. They asked about my job history and why I wanted to work at Blue Cross. For the face to face interview, I was interviewed by the head of the department that the position was in. Another administrative assistant in the department sat in for the interview. Both of them did most of the talking during the interview describing duties and the contrasting personalities of the doctors in the department. It was very difficult to get a word in between them. It was a very disorganized and disjointed interview. I was also asked if I had children, which I thought was extremely inappropriate. I had the interview two weeks ago and have not heard back. I was told they would let me know either way. I am going to assume I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• What are your qualifications?   1 Answer
    • What are your greatest strengths and your greatest weaknesses? (Asked during phone interview)   Answer Question