BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Interview Questions

Updated May 14, 2017

2.6

Network Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee.

Interview

I had 1 phone interview with the recruiter and I had to submit an online survey. After that, I was asked to do a face to face with the team which was scheduled about a week later. It was about 2 weeks after the interview when I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical interview questions. How would you respond in certain situations? What were my past jobs and experiences that made me qualified for the position.   Answer Question

IS/Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Got a call for an interview after 2 months of submitting the application and online. The managers at the interview were friendly. I got a call back 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Information Systems Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2017.

Interview

First we had a casual meeting between the department head, group supervisor, and myself. I was shown around the campus and questioned further. After the initial interview, there was a fairly prompt response, drug screen and background check.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Knoxville, TN).

Interview

Resume was submitted online and screened by HR for experience and skills. I interviewed with department director. Questions focused on handling clients and broker relationships. I felt I had the experience they were looking for; however, the position was ultimately filled from within. The entire process took approximately three weeks.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Takes several weeks to be contacted by recruiter then may have multiple on-site interviews. You will be leveraged as an external candidate against internal applicants and vice versa so the company always wins with salary negotiation. Found the process to be too lengthy to simply be used as a pawn. Also the beginning point for ANY position is the online Workday portal which requires you to submit both date of birth and full ssn. For a company known to have HIPAA violations, this is somewhat unnerving.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

I met with the heads of 3 or 4 departments, and they all took turns asking me questions about my skills and background to see where I might be a good fit. The lead that seemed most interested from the start asked about 80% of the questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies?   Answer Question
    • (After explaining their departments) Which one of these sounds the most interesting to you?   Answer Question
    • What is a distributed DOS attack? How does it differ from a regular DOS and how can you tell?   Answer Question

Consultant Provider Reimbursement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the unit Manager and the department Manager. Interview was very relaxed and had a lot of general conversation about my experiences and the requirements for the job. Turns out the expectation of the job included it moving into management and that was not what I was looking for so there was a general understanding that I was not the best candidate.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience dealing with super large volumes of data and manipulating that in either Access or Excel.   1 Answer

Behavioral Health Clinical Services Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their career page external job board and 2 weeks later I received email for interview.emailed recruiter back with questions but no one answered and come to find out the recruiter was an intern/contractor and no longer worked there the day after I received the email.

Interview Questions

• What obstacle did you face and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was initiated through a recruiter. The interview was on-site for about an hour. I received a tour of the facility with an HR employee, and then I had about 40 minutes of Q&A with 2 members of the team in question. The conversation went both ways - them learning about me and me learning about them.

Biostatistical Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (Chattanooga, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

After submitting a cover letter/resume, there was an initial one-on-one phone call that outlined responsibilities and roles, including likely instances of work accomplished. A second phone interview was scheduled the next week, which included likely colleagues. More specific questions were posed. What softwares are you familiar with / have you used? What approaches would you pursue when given the following assignment? Would you be interested in consulting?

Interview Questions

• What are the dimensions of the data you have worked with (number of rows/columns)?   1 Answer