BlueMountain Capital Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at BlueMountain Capital Management

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlueMountain Capital Management (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Professional, conversational, and direct with no gotcha questions. Have to be close to perfectly-suited for the role as there was no perceptible metaphorical vision in determining fit.

Interview Questions

• Explain what factors are most relevant when deciding how to optimally allocate capital?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BlueMountain Capital Management (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Mostly positive, thoughtful questions. One of the portfolio managers I met couldn't be bothered, though. Asked me sell-side questions for a buy-side role. Had zero questions regarding how I would fit in with the culture, which they keep bragging about on their website.

Interview Questions

• How do you price a digital option, Understanding Greeks, probability of drawing 2 same value cards from a single deck.   Answer Question

Equity Operations Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueMountain Capital Management.

Interview

On the second round, we have someone filtering out people by their personalty. If you dont share their interests or values you will not be selected no matter how much you know.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BlueMountain Capital Management (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

There were several rounds of interviews with portfolio managers, traders, and members of research team. Interview were rigorous and the entire process was well-run. HR manager was responsive throughout.