BlueScope Steel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

BlueScope Steel Interview Questions

3.1

Quality Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel.

Interview

Generally revolved around the job and what it entailed. Talks about education background, bilingual ability, past job history. The interviewer was very knowledgable, he was soft spoken and made me feel comfortable to answer his questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about 5S?   1 Answer

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel (Memphis, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

Met with 2 managers for about an hour, and then met with the HR lead. the whole experience was not bad at all. they are very informative in explaining there company and was made to feel very welcome from the minute i walked in the door

Interview Questions

• I dont remember. i know we talked about my experience and where i wanted to be   Answer Question

Legal Counsel Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel in March 2016.

Interview

The process took almost 3 months, extremely low with no explanation. Legal team were nice, friendly and moderate but the HR Manager who coordinated the process and salary negotiation was terribly nasty, cocky, inhuman and rude.

Three rounds. One round with hypothetical test.

Interview Questions

• General questions on experience and prosperous contribution to the company.   Answer Question
    • One hypothetical test was given. It was about a contract negotiation.   Answer Question

HR was penny pitching. Insisted on my current earnings & past salary history even though they had been informed from the first interview that I never disclose that piece of information.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Kembla (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel (Port Kembla (Australia)) in May 2013.

Interview

The process started with a recruiter interview, followed by joint interview with Group Manager and HR representative. If you progress the is a 2-3 hour long online test to complete on three areas: comprehension, verbal reasoning, and maths. The maths one is not easy - but not because the questions are challenging, but rather due to a hard to read layout, and convoluted questions. I believe I got all the answers right, but it timed out on me at about 80%. If you pass, you are referred to a basic medical test (breathing capacity, hearing, heart rate, eye sight, etc.). After all this you can expect to receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• It's an extremely process oriented interview with structured questions around commercial transactions, negotiations, and sales skills. Q: How would you persuade your client to sell on your behalf (to their own customers)?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very limited scope to negotiate but worth to try. Especially if it's backed up by proof of why are you worth more.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jakarta (Indonesia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel (Jakarta (Indonesia)) in November 2012.

Interview

3 times interview during the recruitment, meeting direct boss, country president and regional supply chain VP

Engineering Cadet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Kembla (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel (Port Kembla (Australia)).

Interview

Included a face to face interview, site visit and testing, including analytics and comprehension.

Negotiation

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel in September 2011.

Interview

I was hired through a contracting company. I know several other people who interviewed who were not selected due to their "lack of interest", so if you're interviewing, make sure to speak up and ask questions. Everyone was polite, if intimidating, but they'll also feed you any line you need to accept if they decide to make an offer. Do not expect to be hired on if you start as a contractor; most never are, even if you work LONG after your initial contract length has lapsed.

Interview Questions

• Very normal questions - describe an experience where you were in conflict with an authority figure, what are your best and worst traits, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation - I was offered a number and I could accept it or turn it down. Period.

National OHSE Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BlueScope Steel (Brisbane (Australia)) in June 2008.

Interview

This was a promotional role, based on work performed as the state-based OHSE co-ordinator.

Interview Questions

• In the industry my work was primary around behavioural change and in particular post-fatality work. Secondary to this was the to deliver hearts and minds philosophy as a way of shifting organisational culture. As such, I was expected difficult questions from both senior management and front-line employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I took this promotional role. Hhowever for others seeking to advance their careers my advice would to be clear about work/life balance and ensuring that the new role meets where you wish to progress to.