BlueWare, Inc Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at BlueWare, Inc

1.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at BlueWare, Inc (Melbourne, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

I went in for an interview and spoke to the Software Development Manager, the head of HR, and the CEO. The interview process went fairly smoothly, and I did not get to speak with any of the actual programmers, which I would have really liked to do. The CEO was very agreeable and so were the people I met with.

I was told that if I were to receive and offer and accept, I would be placed on an existing project built in PHP. Interestingly they chose to build out their own PHP framework instead of using something prebuilt such as Zend, Symphony, CodeIgniter, or FirePHP.

I did end up receiving an offer, but it was for less than I am making at my current job in the Military Simulation Industry. I am currently interviewing with several Fortune 500 companies, so in any case I would need to wait a few weeks to finish my interviews before accepting the offer.

I was hoping for a higher counter offer, but due to their internal time constraints on hiring new team members, my offer was withdrawn.

Overall a positive experience and if I didn't already have so many great prospects I might have considered their initial offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about PHP?   Answer Question
    • What do you think are the strengths/benefits of using PHP vs JavaEE?   Answer Question
    • Describe like you were talking to a 13yr old a positive and a negative experience you had in the workplace?   Answer Question

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlueWare, Inc (Melbourne, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

iThe interview consisted of talking to the VP of development. He said I had a nice smile. Beyond that there were no questions. It seemed as if they just needed to hire people. Finding out now they did need to hire a specific number of people.

Interview Questions

• there really were no questions it was a personal conversation   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was no negotiation

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlueWare, Inc (Melbourne, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

After I applied for the position I was sent an application and some testing with in a few hours after applying. After about a week I was contacted over the phone to come in for a face to face interview to their office in Melbourne, Florida. I should have guessed when I walked in that it was a complete an utter joke when everyone was wearing jeans, dogs were running around and there was a giant "For Sale" sign outside.

Interview Questions

• They followed a pretty standard 1980's style interview questionnaire. Let's get with the times people.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at BlueWare, Inc (Melbourne, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

The2nd person (decision maker) that interviewed me left a short time after I started working. He was professional, asked excellent relevant and challenging questions and was the main deciding factor is accepting the position. In first interview it was obvious the woman conducting the interview had no technical, industry specific knowledge or basic understanding of the skill set required for the position.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview; Did I maintain personal relationships with the staff that reported to me in the past? What did I most enjoy doing in my leisure time?
      2nd interview; specific questions about my prior employment, questions about the software they wanted used (it was obvious that he was very familiar with it and my responses confirmed I was as well) management style and industry knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was given a range, they went middle of the road with the promise of a raise that would be more inline with my historical wages. The job/position was very interesting to me and I was willing to accept slighter lower salary for the challenge and promise of increased salary after 90 days

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlueWare, Inc (Melbourne, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

The process consisted of an online application, phone call, email, and finally a face-to-face interview with the HR Manager, Software Developer, and the CEO. They asked the standard questions, and focused on my extensive sales and management background. The company is on a growth path for their new software and the timing and opportunity are mutually beneficial.

I received an offer and have accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• What makes a bad day for me and how do I handle it?   1 Answer

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at BlueWare, Inc.

Interview

Basically, apply online. They may call you the day that they receive your resume and ask you to come in. They are very hard up for us. Various reasons why the CEO is in a criminal lawsuit and might go to jail. She is very nice but it is one of those companies where out of luck they were given money which wasn't legal and now are spending as much as possible BUT as far as salaries go...just walk away. There weren't any technical questions because there is only one person who works there that knows how to code and what we do. He wasn't there for my interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very technical so don't sweat it   1 Answer

User Interface Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BlueWare, Inc (Orlando, FL) in July 2011.

Interview

Was called in through my university to interview, I arrived and was asked about myself, education, work history. Provided samples of my work. The interview seemed very soft ball, You could read into where they going with them. At the end of the interview, I was called on my phone and hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Meet my salary request

Digital Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BlueWare, Inc.

Interview

I applied online and was called the same day to schedule an interview. The interview was scheduled, I received an email confirmation for the interview date and time. At the interview, I felt welcomed and inspired by conversations about the direction the company was going. This was an overall positive experience. Since it was obviously a good match, I felt like I had the job before I left. Later that day, I received an offer letter via email to sign and return. I started work the next week.

Interview Questions

• Only a few formal interview questions regarding my experience. The rest of the interview was friendly discussions about what I have done and what they need a Digital Marketer to accomplish.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at BlueWare, Inc (Melbourne, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and uploaded my resume and a cover letter. I received several e-mails that brought me to online assessment and personality tests. I completed them immediately. I received a follow up e-mail from the owner/CEO Rose Harr- thanking me for my good work. The next e-mail invited me for a face-to-face interview at their office in Melbourne. Another e-mail invited me to a seminar with other candidates and management. Yet another e-mail from Rose Harr included a link to a video of her- explaining her accomplishments and the founding of the company and what they do.

I was excited about this women's entrepreneurship and the fact that BlueWare was being used by 220 hospitals in the United States and the United Kingdom.

Needless to say- I was extremely excited to get onboard with this exciting company and looking forward to me interview.

Then- within hours- I got another personal E-Mail from CEO Rose Harr- which stated that she was not interested in hiring me, because of my "politics."

I was totally floored.

Interview Questions

• None- because apparently the CEO of BlueWare didn't take into consideration my considerable background, accomplishments and acumen in Digital Marketing, Social Media, Public Relations and Advertising- and instead- most likely Googled me and read my Facebook pages, my Twitter feed, etc- and decided not to hire me because of my "politics."
      Very unprofessional and close-minded.   1 Answer