Bluecore Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bluecore Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bluecore

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bluecore (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Initial HR phone screen, talk with Engineer manager, technical phone screen, video call with the CTO, and 4 hour onsite interview. Everyone I met with was friendly and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions

• Typical software engineer interview questions (data structures, algorithms)   Answer Question

Jun 4, 2019 – SVP People

We're so glad you applied and have joined our mission! Thanks for this feedback!

Other Interview Reviews for Bluecore

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bluecore in February 2018.

Interview

Started with a phone screen with an internal talent acquisition employee, then a phone/web tech screen, and then I had a video call with the CTO. The next step would've been an on-site for a half day.

The biggest problem I had is that I was given really positive feedback after the phone/tech screen and then after the video call I was told the company was not going to progress forward, but I was not told why. I even reached out to ask if there was feedback that they could provide to me, but never received a response. That soured me on the company for the future.

Interview Questions

• Phone/web tech screen had an algorithm question that's pretty standard for what most organizations are doing these days.   1 Answer

Jun 4, 2019 – SVP People

Apologies you had a poor experience with us! We really appreciate your feedback and have addressed the issue internally.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bluecore.

Interview

The interview process primarily consisted of a single 5+ hour onsite and then a couple other single interviews before and after this onsite. It was one of the best run interview processes I have witnessed. Everyone was extremely professional and courteous.

I rated the interview process as relatively challenging because the open ended questions that were asked about big data systems were applicable to the challenges they face or have faced and good answers to them are not easy. That said I really enjoyed the process and I thought the questions and discussions were very thoughtful.

While I ultimately took a competing offer, I walked away from the interview process with a very positive outlook on Bluecore. They have an amazing and highly qualified engineering team, they're working on some very challenging and interesting big data and machine learning related problems, and the company overall seems like a top notch place to work as an engineer.

Note that I intentionally left my interview questions vague here to protect Bluecore's interview process but I provided high level descriptions so you can know what areas to expect questions in if applying for a role at a senior level with a backend focus.

Interview Questions

• Describe your work with big data or infrastructure systems   Answer Question
    • A relational data modeling question and some relatively standard algorithms questions   Answer Question
    • Some big data questions involving understanding various big data store solutions and architectures, realtime and batch processes   Answer Question
    • Discussions on leadership and how to manage dev work effectively   Answer Question

Jun 4, 2019 – SVP People

Thank you so much for your review of meeting with us!

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Technical phone screen with coderpad. Then manager call. Then onsite. Declined onsite due to having other offers. Their business model is doing analytics on user data for clients like ecommerce brands that want to figure out the best times to send marketing emails. Still a small startup at this point in terms of engineering headcount.

Interview Questions

• Simplified coding exercise about building a twitter feed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bluecore.

Interview

one hr call, one technical phone screen, one onsite (3 interviews, 2 technical 1 behavioral). pretty good experience overall, fairly easy technical questions, guess i didnt make the culture fit

Interview Questions

• search binary tree, search binary search tree, binary search rotated array, maze   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bluecore (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Worked through implementing a simulated real-world problem on an online editor with a friendly and knowledgeable developer. It was much better than the typical data structures and algorithms nonsense "stump the chump" nonsense interviews that a lot of companies do these days. I didn't get to the next phase, which was surprising in light of the feedback I had gotten on the call, but despite that, I thought it was a good interview process.

Interview Questions

• Given a description of a plausible real-world situation and sample usage, write the code to make the sample usage work.   Answer Question

Jun 4, 2019 – SVP People

Thank you for the feedback on your interview with us.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bluecore.

Interview

1st phone call with HR, then phone interview with a lead software engineer. On the phone call with HR they just ask about your background and tell you more about the company and position. With the engineer, you learn more about the job, talk about yourself and do a live coding problem

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bluecore (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

Behavioral phone screen with a non-technical recruiter, CoderPad technical challenge with an engineer, behavioral interview with engineering managers, 4 hour on-site interview with technical and behavioral components.

Interview Questions

• Provide a system design/architectural outline for an online reservation system   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Bluecore (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

Interview with a recruiter, technical phone screen with two engineers, and then an onsite. The onsite consisted of 5 interviews and a lunch. There were 2 coding, 2 system design, and 1 behavioral interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bluecore in March 2019.

Interview

I had an initial interview with a Recruiter at BlueCore. I only heard from the company via email after one of their recruiters added me on LinkedIn. During our phone call the recruiter wasn't excited about the company at all nor did they seem interested in what I had to say about my experience or where I was looking to grow. They listed off different teams that I could fit into, trying to put me into a role that I not only was not applying for but mentioned that I was pivoting away from. They said they would talk to the team leads and get back to me, but I never heard from them again. I felt ok about it, because the screening made me feel so weird.

Interview Questions

• Would you consider a data analyst role?   1 Answer