Bluenose Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bluenose Interview Questions

Interviews at Bluenose

3.2

Implementation Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluenose in May 2014.

Interview

The whole process took about 2 weeks, which included a phone screen, a call with the hiring manager, and two on-sites.

Bluenose has a fantastic product, a beautiful workspace, the team is amazing and knows exactly what it takes to make their product successful. Their interviewing styles are fairly simple and straight forward. They liked conducting casual conversations to get to know my skills, background, and what I look for as a career path.

Though it didn't work out for me, I do see it a very awesome company to work at.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about my understanding of data, data structure, what I'm looking for in my next career, my approaches to difficult/challenging situations.   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluenose (San Francisco, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview then on-site. Half of the time was spent on discussing my resume and basic info. I guess the interviewer never looked at my github.

Interview Questions

• Write a Java program to process an imaginary infinite huge file which contains random number each line. Print the max and min of these numbers processed so far. I coded it then I was told there was a memory leak in code. I couldn't find it out. After going back home, I generated a few G of random data and ran the program. The memory usage was constant.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bluenose (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Two phone interview, one on-site interview. All interviews went well, with no offer.
    Felt as time and effort wasted. Decision could be made on the phone level interviews, if company didn't intend to come up with offer.

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Bluenose (Boise, ID) in October 2015.

Interview

I actually interviewed for multiple positions, the last interview being for the QA Analyst position. The overall process consisted of multiple phone interviews with the CEO, CTO/Co-founder, VP of Customer Success and Operations, and various members of the engineering/development and implementation teams. I was also provided the opportunity to have face to face interviews with most of the individuals mentioned previously (excepting engineering/development).

The face to face interviews were conducted locally in Boise, as well as in San Francisco, where most of the team resides. The entire process, although quite long, was extremely professional in all aspects and is a testament to the care and attention that goes into hiring the right person for the team.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience/familiarity with virtualized web environments?   Answer Question